Just pulled trigger on FiTech

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by 408maro, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Racer X

Racer X Veteran Member

:cool:
    [youtube]ZWy_Q-Fimt4[/youtube]

2. whitess

whitess Member

Looks pretty good! How'd you do your vent line?
    Larry.

3. Racer X

Racer X Veteran Member

Used the vent to the gas tank from the charcoal canister that was in place of the fuel command center.

4. whitess

whitess Member

Great. Thanks.

5. Enroute

Enroute Veteran Member

Hey 408maro !!

How is your system running? Are you running a single fuel line up to the EFI with no return back to the tank? If so, have you been able to tune this 'returnless' system??

Just curious as I am now ready to install my Fi Tech. I'm going with an intank pump setup and will run a Corvette filter/return near the tank...and run just a single fuel line up to the motor. If, if I have minor tuning issues I may run a return from the EFI back to the tank.

6. 408maro

408maro Veteran Member

Well I had it running pretty decently but decided to mess with it a bit as there is almost like a supercharger noise that you'll hear when accelerating. Also was getting a annoying hunt for idle when at a stop

In that process I threw off the tune and had to reset the whole thing. So I will be taking it to get dyno tuned next week, but overall it runs well even with its learning stage.

If the right person knows how to tune and all that it would be a very nice setup!

I also am running a corvette type filter with single line to Engine, overall I am happy.

I did however do something wrong while installing the tank. My fuel level gauge on my Dakota digital cluster shows full forever and barely moves. And when I fill up it takes a while to move to full. I just don't want to mess with it right now

7. redriderjf87

redriderjf87 Veteran Member

If it helps anyone, a quick update on mine. I have what seems like a pretty aggressive setup on my 383 (pulls 10.5" of vac at 1000 rpm). I assumed I would need at least a 3 or 4 on the initial setup for cam, etc. Felt ok but missing a little something on power, plus it would have a hesitation if you punched it under 3k (same as too much advance). This is using my existing HEI. I reset everything and set the cam to 2, runs a good bit better and hesitation is gone.

Moral of the story, unless you have a complete race motor, I'd more than likely start the calibration at a setting of 2, and work your way up if needed..

8. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Anyone running the RobbMC Powersurge Fuel pump system? I am thinking about pulling the trigger on the Fitech and am looking for the most simple way to get it installed and solve the Electric Fuel Pump problem. Looks similar to the command center set up but smaller.

Any first hand experience would be great to hear.

Thanks!

http://www.robbmcperformance.com/products/powersurge.html

9. JKC

JKC Veteran Member

FiTech running a re bait now through December 100 bucks back on the EFI unit

10. legierk

legierk Veteran Member

Just read about it, but never heard of it until now. I have the fuel command center, and as I think I posted before, did fine on 1200 miles of Power Tour. It does get hot though, and the return vapor line will fill with fuel. This looks like the same setup, but they may have some bugs worked out of it. Not sure. Only way to know is try it I suppose. The Walbro pump is a nice addition, but I think I read that the FiTech CC also uses a Walbro pump.