Just pulled trigger on FiTech

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by 408maro, Mar 6, 2016.

1. NeoNeuro

NeoNeuro Veteran Member

Yes, that's the one. Seems like they strapped a feminine napkin to the pump inlet. I guess it could work...maybe. I'd still be worried. Still too expensive though.

2. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

OK. Going to order up a Fitech this week. Any better purchasing path? Summit vs. Fitech directly? Also going with the RobbMC Power Surge Canister. Wrote Rob a note with a bunch of questions and he wrote back right away. GREAT Customer Service as always.

Also, happy to take advice on the following:

What size fuel line and fittings are you running from the Throttle body to the Command center for those using the CC(Power Surge Canister)...6AN or 8AN?

I was planning to mount the canister where the Charcoal canister was. Any suggestions on fuel line routing? That means the main feed from the mechanical fuel pump to the Power Surge has to come across the engine bay somehow and over the left front corner. Maybe the bottom of the block instead of up and over the top? I have AC so there is no room to put the canister on the passenger side that I can find.

Any other advice welcome. I have spent quite a bit of time on the Chevelle site and it looks like I will have a little tuning to do given my cam....

Thanks!

3. redriderjf87

redriderjf87 Veteran Member

Thanks, that video pretty much answered all of my questions I was going to ask on installing the PA retrofit module. Now I can get to work :)

NeoNeuro likes this.
  4. JKC

JKC Veteran Member

5. stoney2677

stoney2677 Veteran Member

Does the hand held read your motors vacuum?

6. NeoNeuro

NeoNeuro Veteran Member

I poured through all their documentation and I don't see any mention of it. I asked the question on their website. I'll update when I get an answer.

7. Itsadryheat79

Itsadryheat79 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

IMG_7919.JPG IMG_7920.JPG Pics are from SEMA 2016
    Edelbrock has a new sump like the command center. It's fuel sump is plastic and looks like it would fit better under the hood. It does not require a return to operate but a return line can be used according to the head engineering tech that demonstrated the system in their booth. The touted advantage to a plastic sump is it will not absorb the heat like a metal sump.

8. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

I mentioned that many pages ago but was shot down over price

9. Itsadryheat79

Itsadryheat79 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

IMG_8007.JPG @ SEMA I found it interesting FITECH was showing their new in tank fuel plump kit called the "G-Sump" and did not have the Command Center on display in their booth. When asked why I was told they decided not bring it due to the booth space.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    John Wright likes this.
  10. NeoNeuro

NeoNeuro Veteran Member

Looks remarkably similar to the Holley system.
    I suspect there were other reasons they didn't display the Command Center. A ton of guys have posted around the net about problems with those. Too bad too. Looks like a great and affordable option to an in-tank pump, if it would work.