Keep Perspective...

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Dave Nelson, Jul 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member

[​IMG]

SRGN, RickM, Smokey15 and 5 others like this.
  2. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Makes you think a bit. Segment on the Today show about military families going to food banks, living below the poverty level. And worse, when deployed the family loses the food allowances, some $300 a month.

3. ggtsvnv

ggtsvnv Veteran Member

Somethings wrong when entertainers become heroes.

SRGN, RickM, Smokey15 and 5 others like this.
  4. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

The kid is a Navy wife. They finally got caught up on back pay from the shut down earlier this year.

5. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

That's odd, my son never experienced any pay issues. Everything came as usual.....

Hmmmmm......... https://themilitarywallet.com/militay-members-get-paid-during-government-shutdown/

Update: The government has passed some, but not all, spending bills for the government shutdown that began in late 2018 and extended through early 2019. The Department of Defense is funded through September 30, 2019. This means all military members, military retirees, military annuitants (survivor benefit recipients), and DoD civilian employees that fall under the Department of Defense will receive their regular paychecks through that date.

However, other members of the Uniformed Services that do not fall under the DoD are not funded under the current government spending bills. This includes the following organizations:

• The US Coast Guard (USCG), which falls under the Department of Homeland Security,
    • The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), which falls under the United States Department of Commerce, and
    • The Commissioned Corps of the US Public Health Service (USPHS) which is a division of the Department of Health and Human Services concerned with public health.

6. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Is that anything new though? Line everything its more noticeable now. But John Wayne comes to mind.

I prefer John Wayne over this useless woman.

RickM, Smokey15, John Wright and 3 others like this.
  7. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member

Not exactly and apples to apples comparison either.

The picture compares one of the most elite athletes in her sport to lets say a regular armed forces person. Now compare an average high school or college soccer player to a Navy Seal decorated war hero. Is it fair? No way for sure. The best way to change it is to just ignore all sports (yes, pro football, baseball, basketball etc). The networks will stop playing them and nobody will know who any of them are. Its just a reflection of society in general. Sports are generally just a waste of time and bandwidth. Does it really matter at the end of the day if the USA is best or worst at some game?

Also, did she really say that? If so what a looser.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  8. ggtsvnv

ggtsvnv Veteran Member

No it's not anything new. However i feel there is a difference between appreciating what someone is capable of and calling thm a hero. A lot of people, actors, athletes, artists are capable of things that others cannot do. I can appreciate that.
    A hero to me, is someone who puts their life on the line for others or makes positive changes in society or world in whch we live.

9. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I'm not sure how it works with them. I believe the hold up was once the bill was passed, it took a while for the Navy bank (she has told me the name several times but I don't deal with it so I don't remember exactly off hand) to get things going properly. He's not a combat troop being in the SeeBee's. I know different branches have different pay methods. All of her husbands uniforms are supplied but a friends son just got out of the Marines and he mentioned once having to pay for his uniforms. Between being hard of hearing and trying to catch up when I see them and the baby, pay and such is a second place to teething, walking and talking. The baby too.

10. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Something doesn't sound right, my son is active Navy with no hitch in his pay, and that article I linked says they weren't going to have any hitch in their pay, but somehow your relation has a hitch in their pay that's just being fixed now...............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.