Late model GTO seat install on second gen!!!

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by spav350, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Power

Power Veteran Member

I'm 5'7" so I doubt I'll recline too much... Do they look like they engulf the inside of the car?

2. spav350

spav350 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I don't think so, but everyone has their own opinion. If your going this route, i.e. resto-mod, I don't think you would be disappointed.

3. DirtyScotty

DirtyScotty Veteran Member

I just purchased a set. Nice write up and thank you.
    Im also shorter at about 5'8".
    I put the front seat in and had a sit down in it. I also thought the backrest was tall but sitting in it felt really great. Like better than i anticipated.
    ALso, i like the way you kinda sit higher with your legs not as straight out as the original seats. Reminds me of sitting in.....dare i say it.....a fox body mustang. I always liked the way they you sat in those cars with your legs going downwards as opposed to almost sitting on the floor.
    I am really excited to take this car for a ride with these seats. I havent driven the car in about 5 years. And with all the modifications i have made over the redo, this will be icing on the cake i will say.

4. 71flh

71flh Veteran Member

Maybe I missed something, but GM put some pretty big underfloor reinforcement for the seats.
    I didn't see these recreated for the later seat mounts in the pics above.
    I don't want to be a whiner, but if I'm strapped perfectly into a seat that delivers my face to the windshield frame, I'm not likely to have a good day.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  5. DirtyScotty

DirtyScotty Veteran Member

Are you referring to the height of the seat or the reinforcement for the seat with a possibility of the seat ripping out of the floor?
    I guess both.
    If you are alot taller then i can see this possibility. I feel i fit good. Just in a higher position.

6. 89rodknocker

89rodknocker Veteran Member

ia there anyway to reload these pics