Leaf spring front bushing install

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by Greg Mc, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Greg Mc

Greg Mc Veteran Member

I am replacing the front bushings in my leaf springs with Moog rubber bushings. I think the factory springs have the bushings pushed in from the same direction and I've heard new replacement springs are the same. Is there any advantage or improvement to installing the bushing one way for the left side and the other way for the right. Does it ensure better axle centering by installing each side differently. Did a search and really didn't find definitive answer.

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

The last couple of times I bought new springs, they were the same both sides. I’m OCD, if I was pressing them in, I would have them mirrored image.

3. berg2695

berg2695 Veteran Member

I agree with Badazz. I recommend installing both bushings so that they go in from the inboard side of the spring. That way, when the car is cornering, the body is leaning on the 'meatier' side of the bushing for slightly less deflection. It may not even be measurable, but these are the kinds of things I waste my time thinking about. o_O

cadillac_al and dave@ztech like this.
  4. Greg Mc

Greg Mc Veteran Member

Thanks......I think that is what I will do. I think too much about this kind of stuff too, it just seems the right way to install the bushings to me.