LH6 5.3 LS build advice

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by mscamp02, Mar 3, 2020.

1. mscamp02

mscamp02 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm getting ready to place an order for some of the parts that I'm going to need for a LS swap I'm doing.

I have a 2006 LH6 aluminum 5.3 that I will be "building" for low boost (5 psi or so). The goal is to leave the bottom end stock and replace some of the upper end and connect it to my 700R4 for now.

So far I plan on doing but really want to check to make sure what I have selected will match up correctly for my 81 with a 3.42 rear end.
    • SDPC DOD delete with Morel 6504 lifters
    • 4th gen Fbody oil pan/tray/pickup
    • Summit Racing stage 3 turbo cam 231/234 Intake/Exhaust, .600/.575 lift intake/exhaust
    • Matching trickflow valve spring kit
    • 3000 - 3500 stall converter (really not sure what to do here)
    • Torque converter adapter
    • clean/inspect the 799 heads
    • MSD 255 LPH inline fuel pump/regulator - will need to upgrade to larger intake in the future
    • Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 XT complete system (wiring harness/initial tuning/intake/fuel injectors etc...)
    • Lokar cables/brackets for 700R4 and the edelbrock pro flo system
    I also looked at the FiTech ultimate LS complete system but there are just to many mixed reviews.

So the biggest question is...will everything that I've looked at so far work together or am I way off base here?

2. Gasoholic

Gasoholic Veteran Member

I would prefer a submersible fuel pump myself. In lines (in my opinion) are not dependable.
    Stall speed seems high. 700R4? probably wont brake as long as you dont beat on it.