Long shot but looking for my old cars

Discussion in 'Camaros Wanted' started by T.Snyder, Feb 7, 2019.

1. T.Snyder

T.Snyder New Member

Jun 6, 2017
    I know this is a long shot but I'm looking for a couple of cars I owned in the early 80's. The first is a 1969 Z/28 (Yes I know) that I bought when I was 14. The motor was blown and it needed a paint job. Original color was Yellow and it had fold down rear seat. It had been painted white and had red primer on top where it had a vinyl top. matching numbers 4 speed and a 4:56 posi rear 12 bolt. This was in Ponca City, Oklahoma. I sold it in 1986 and the new owner painted it black with white skunk stripes. That's the last I saw it. The second is nothing special. It was a brown 1978 Camaro I bought when I was 16 and also sold in Ponca City, Oklahoma in the early 90's. The only thing that would set this car apart would be a 12 bolt Posi rear end that I put in the car. It had a B&M Quicksilver shifter and a 200 shot Nitrous plate kit on it. Again I know its a long shot and the only thing that might find them was where they were sold at. I am currently going through papers at my parents house hoping I find some info. such as VIN. For Sale or not, I would just kind of like to find them. Thanks.

2. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Aug 13, 2017
    If you find info on the vin#s, your DMV may be able to locate them. Have you tried 'Wanted' ads on free media like Craigslist?

3. T.Snyder

T.Snyder New Member

Jun 6, 2017
    Hey Smokey15. I actually did a few years back and didn't get a response. I put it to bed at that time; but thought I would try one more time. I am hoping to find some information on them while cleaning out my parents house. I know Ill probably never find either. I wouldn't be surprised if the 78 was junked years ago. Thank you for your reply