looking to trade my 69 Roadrunner for a 70-73 split bumper 4 or 5spd...

Discussion in 'Camaros Wanted' started by Djais1801, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Djais1801

Djais1801 Member

I prefer a #'s match, but may take $$ on my end for a trade if not #'s. def want a split bumper, def want a stick shift

Looking for a restored driver, not a trailer queen...Restomod'esque are cool with me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    here is a link to my 69 Roadrunner
    http://www.cars-on-line.com/87444.html

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  2. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

Wow cooo car

Djais1801 likes this.
  3. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Always liked Runners, Cudas and Challengers.

4. Djais1801

Djais1801 Member

had a guy offer to trade me 71 Z28 solid bumper car. it's a 4spd restored, like a light grey, but he wants a straight trade, not numbers matching engine. I'd need at least 5 grand my way w the trade.
    http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/5922450477.html

5. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

It's pretty cool that the 71 has a numbers matching M22, which was a factory option. Unfortunately, no numbers matching motor so I don't see the M22 really adding much value to the car, other than a desirable tranny. That $5K that you're wanting will come and go. Also, you said you definitely wanted a split bumper. Do you mean an RS front end? If so, then why compromise?

IMHO, I would keep the Roadrunner.

6. Djais1801

Djais1801 Member

if I were going to trade my RR...then yes I would want a # matching documented car to keep value at (apples to apples). If I sell my RR and go for a cash buy; I wouldn't be opposed to swapping for bumperettes (not popular with purists...but that's my taste).
    I am struggling with getting rid of the RR, because there are a lot more camaro's running around compared to roadrunners. So long term, I believe the value will stay stronger in a 69 RR than a 70-73...maybe/maybe not.
    There's just something so sexy about the lines of these and the t/a from the same years.
    thanks for your thoughts on the matter!

7. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

Hard to predict the future, but I would think the Roadrunner would have a higher value because it's a popular Mopar and like you said, fewer of them around. Additionally, the car is from a year that some people think was very competitive between the big three as far as muscle. Even some think 1969 was the end of an era.

Good for you if you want RS bumperettes on a standard front end. Make your car the way you want it. As far as the 70-73s having sexy lines, I couldn't agree more but I'm very biased. Hope it works out whatever you decide.

Djais1801 likes this.
  8. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

I can't believe that roadrunner hasn't sold
    Right color
    Right year
    Right car

The only reason I guess I can think of is the holidays, everyone's shopping for gifts

Djais1801 likes this.
  9. Djais1801

Djais1801 Member

i have had a dozen tire-kickers and 2 semi-serious...one guy (after sending 15 more pics and getting him shipping quotes) decided he had nowhere to store it as he has 5 classic cars...the other guy (older gentleman) locally decided after talking price, that he'd be better off with an automatic.
    EITHER WAY...i'm in no rush...if i don't get my price i will use for another season, collect some more trophies, and do some burnouts...lol

10. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Had one back in 1978, senior year of high school, had M50's on the rear, headers and glasspacks, air brushed desert scene on panel between taillights with the Roadrunner standing in it. 6 pac scoop with Yosemite Sam holding 2 6 shooters air brushed on the top, loved that car.

Djais1801 likes this.