**ls Engine With Carb?**

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by 72BIGBLOCK, Oct 8, 2014.

1. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

hi everyone, so im looking to do an ls conversion but its easier to go with a carb set up. so I was thinking about an ls 327 crate engine that only needs a belt set up and a carb.

anyone here running an ls with a carb?

I was told an ls with a carb wont run as well as an ls with efi.
    so now im a confused any input?
    thanks

2. 5spd540

5spd540 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Use the EFI you wont be sorry. There are plenty of woring kits to help with this now days. Dont go carb you will have issues with hood clearence that you wont have with EFI

3. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

Its for my 69 camaro hmm... the install cost is around 2500the I guess your right though

4. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

There are a fair amount of guys on here who have a Carb'd LS and they like it. I enjoy both. I enjoy the challenge of the carb in the 73 (most of my automotive experience deals with EFI so it's nice to play with something different) but I also like the EFI Vortec 350 in the 78.

5. Protour-Camaro

Protour-Camaro Veteran Member

You can't go wrong either way as it's really just preference. I can say though that modern EFI is such a nice thing to have and once you have it, you will never go back to a carb. You run much more aggressive cams with EFI and not have to play with the settings like you will with a carb. All I'm saying is the little hassle and a few more dollars is worth the EFI.