LS1 2nd Gen - Who has them, and who has plans???

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by Aceshigh, Jan 18, 2006.

1. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That makes 2 of us. I need to order my headers too. I have to find the ones that will fit the best with the least amount of massaging or changes.

2. Zedzag

Zedzag Veteran Member

3. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That's funny.
    That's the guy I spoke with on the side about installing my motor last year when I was looking.
    They kinda told me yeah....then kinda gave me the run around on answers, so I lost interest.....til now.
    Thanks for the info.

4. 1st and goal

1st and goal Veteran Member

I guess I'd better sign up on this list as I'm going to be doing an LSX swap starting in the fall. I was planing to start one right about now but the deal I had for my motor fell through and I decided to stick with my old school sbc for the seaon. I did promptly order an NX kit to give it a little more sack but I'm going to wait till either the fall or whenever I manage to blow up my current motor:bowtie:

Marc

5. OldSchoolFormula

OldSchoolFormula Veteran Member

Shoot man, seems like thered actually be a profitable market on converting SBC headers to LSX/2nd gen headers...

6. 81sportcoupe

81sportcoupe Member

im looking to do a ls1/t56 swap myself when i get back to the states in a few months since Katrina put my 79 under 6' of water and completely ruined my 383/th350 combo i was running, (along with everything else that was in my shop with the car) anyone know a good sorce for getting engine/tranny combos w/wiring and computer?

7. Teetoe_Jones

Teetoe_Jones Member

Alright, so I took a weeee bit longer than 1 week to post up pics. But I have come back to revive this thread, and add some eye candy.
    I'll start with this link for the 70 Camaro that Jeff over at Classic Chevy 5 speed dropped off to us:
    http://www.t56kit.com/projects/mortenson/

We took 3 different T56 trannys, 2 engine combos and made up a new T56 adjustable crossmember. We also did a final install of a LSX/T56 into the car for Super Chevy articles coming up in the near future.

Here are a few highlights:

This shows the firewall clearance with our engine plates.

[​IMG]

Here is the pan to cradle clearance with our plates and our oil pan.

[​IMG]

Here is the engine, and our new firewall hydrailic clutch bracket.

[​IMG]

Our new 7 pc fully adjustable crossmember (excuse the tack welds, this is our pre-production prototype).
    [​IMG]

Browse around the project section in the link above for the rest. you will be able to see how we can do a SBC/BBC with an LT1/LS1/Aftermarkt T56 with 1 crossmember.

Tyler

8. schitzo

schitzo Veteran Member

very nice T Jones, especially the adjustable crossmember... Got some ???? though

What accessory setup did you use when designing the engine mounts? Y or F body.?

What is the thickness of the hydraulic clutch bracket? I ran into alot of problems trying to use an adapter from S&P with my manual brakes master cylinder. Since it mounts straight onto the firewall, the adapter plate meant the brake pedal would be further back.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  9. Teetoe_Jones

Teetoe_Jones Member

We designed them for a 1st gen Camaro using either accessory system. A/C won't clear on either frame without notching, so we are working on our own accessory drive.

The bracket is 1/4" steel. We've never had an issue with the brake pedal pushrod, as they are adjustable, and we just re-set the depth to go with the bracket.

Tyler

10. kain13

kain13 Veteran Member

me my friend troy and his cousin andy down in phienx took a 99 c5 vette and put it into a 94 chey silvarado why pay for it you can get everything you need from street and performance out of arkansa its may take a couple of days but they sell good stuff here is a few pics its realy not hard they make motor mount plate wiring harness' headers every part you need even carry gm
    factory stuff:bowtie: :eek:

Attached Files: