LS1 2nd Gen - Who has them, and who has plans???

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by Aceshigh, Jan 18, 2006.

1. JeramyK

JeramyK Veteran Member

I'm on the bubble at the moment trying to decide what engine/tranny to install in my 79. I really want to go with the LS1 but after seeing what my buddy has gone through to install one on his 70 Nova I wonder if I'm crazy. lol

I'm torn between a LS1, 383 stroker or a 454 BB. Price isn't a huge concern however the more it costs the longer it's going to take for me to finish the project. At this point I am still working on the body but once I get the underside of the car finished I'll be ready to bolt the subframe back on and start seriously thinking about what motor/tranny will be under the hood. Right now I have nothing. Bought the car as a rolling chassis.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  2. 70.5CamaroRS

70.5CamaroRS Member

LS1 conversion

I'm nearly complete with my LS1 conversion fab work. Just need to modify the headers to get them to fit. I used a tip from Lesrace82 and bought some Edelbrock race headers that don't have the collectors attached. This makes it possible to bend each primary one at a time and then attach the collector.

Here are some pics.

http://community.webshots.com/user/cmeyer124