LS1 arrived today :D

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by 1st and goal, Aug 17, 2006.

1. 1st and goal

1st and goal Veteran Member

Roadway Express pulled in at about noon and delivered my LS1 out of a 99 Trans Am.:bowtie:

I'm going to drive my 73 Z another 4-6 weeks and then pull the motor and start on the LS1 transplant.

I'm physched to get the project going:D

It's going on stone stock right down to the exhaust mainifolds. I will get it tuned on the dyno after it's done but I'm going to wait on the mods till a later date.....first round of mods will be a set of headers and cam and next will be a set of heads and thats it.

I'm going to do a fuel system similar to Schintzo ;)

Speartech will modify the harness for me ;)

Up in the air on the motor mount adapters, thinking of Trans Dapt??

Cooling system - either get a stock LS1 fan / radiator or get a custom radiator / fan setup from Afco

Marc

2. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Good luck , and if you need any assistance, I've got a parts list for the swap.

Schitzo did his fuel system on the cheaper (but definitely effective) end.
    My dumbass followed the Russell anodized (pretty) fitting route so I'm STILL sitting
    and waiting for my 3 required parts that have no ETA on manufacturing. lol

Mine (I hope) will be going in end of August. It's been waiting since Feb and the parts
    ordering commenced in May....so I'm super super close.

I also ordered the Trans Dapt mounts from Jegs. 2 peeps with late 2nd gen LS1 conversions
    on LS1tech.com recommended them to me. Headers, if you want longtubes are Pacesetter .....
    well, if you want the parts list email me and I'll send it to you. A local member here did a swap
    and his buddy helped me with a list.......which not many will do. So it's a precious thing I tell ya. lol ;)

Also , get your 99+ Corvette fuel regulator / filter from Speartech as well. He's cheap. Schitzo told me that one.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2006
  3. SpeedAddict02

SpeedAddict02 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Hey Ace, what fittings are you waiting for? There is a speed shop somewhat close to me, they carry everything summit does, and prices are with $1-$5.. I can take a look an see if they have what you need.. PM me if ya want me to take a look. I'll be shooting out that way on Saturday.
    Joe

4. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I just PM'd ya back bro'.
    If they have them IN STOCK, not "special order" then let me know.
    Everyone says they have them in a warehouse SOMEWHERE, but 3 places have eventually come back and told me that they have to wait for Russell to make more. :screwup:

If they have em in stock, 3 of them, let me know I'll pay ASAP.

5. x-pauliber

x-pauliber Veteran Member

I just finished my swap and it is unbelievable! Haven't drove it yet, but it sounds amazing! Any questions pm me!