LS1 Fuel Rail fitting - how do I remove??

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by Aceshigh, Jul 27, 2006.

1. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

2. zbugger

zbugger Veteran Member

If you had a picture, it would help. I do think there's a special tool used to remove it though. Kinda like Fords have.

3. Aceshigh

Damn....I know. No camera here at work.....and today is my Friday. :screwup:

Maybe I can find one online....

4. MikeM79

MikeM79 Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

5. Aceshigh

I juuuuuuust found it, and was coming back here to post it...hahaha EXACT same page I just found.

AH well, good lookin out Mike ;)

Okay, well my little plan to get that fitting off isn't going to work, so NEXT question.....WHICH FITTING do I need to buy for this???
    All -6AN flexible fuel line from here to the fuel regulator.... :)
    The LS1 "How to" guide doesn't quite lay it out too clearly.....and I was hoping to get some prior LS1 install guys to answer this.
    Is THIS the fitting I will need for that nipple off the fuel rail ?? after this a 90 degree angled connector right ??
    http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=RUS-640850&N=400081+115&autoview=sku
    [​IMG]

and then this one from that fitting to the hose right ??
    http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=RUS-613160&N=400081+115&autoview=sku
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2006
  6. jakeshoe

jakeshoe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Good luck getting that top fitting anytime soon....
    I ordered one from Summit about a month and a half ago, they've been on backorder, everyone is having problems getting them, and when they do they are misboxed, the 5/16" fitting comes in the 3/8" box.

7. schitzo

schitzo Veteran Member

them suckas are always backordered. couldn't wait for them so I took a different approach. There are other places you cn find a similar fitting. They cost more though.

8. MikeM79

I used the same compression fitting on the fuel filter as I used on the fuel rail:

http://www.nastyz28.com/MikeM79Stuff/ls1driverside.jpg

I have another compression fitting that is brand new in an unopened package. It is stainless steel, so it was sorta pricey for one fitting (about $30, iirc). If you want it I can pop it in the mail for you for $15 to your door.....or you can go with the blue and red one like in the photo I linked to.

I was also looking for that fancy fitting in your earlier post way back when and I could never find anyone who actually had one to ship. Lots of nice pictures, no real fittings.

9. Aceshigh

BELIEVE Me dude, I know.
    I got the 640860 and it fits the small nipple on the fuel regulator only.
    I have two LARGER nipples one in, and one out on the regulator I'm guessing are the 3/8's fitting that's so hard to come by. :mad:

I ordered that 3/8 fitting (640850) back in May.......June.....July....I cancelled the order. :(
    They told me that Aug 4th they WILL have them in stock as per yesterdays convo....yeah right.
    Jegs DOES NOT even carry this damn fitting.....WTF....calling Russell directly.....Russell is backorder....no ETA...I'm phuqed. :mad:

Mike I will let you know, it might come down to an emergency and I might take you up on it.
    I need 3 of these though.....1 won't do me any good without 2 more. poo....

I'm screwed here if I can't find any kind of fuel fittings for this to get installed.....this sucks. ANY IDEAS GUYS???

Last edited: Jul 27, 2006
  10. MikeM79

You can have a -6AN male fitting brazed onto the fuel rail. That is probably the best thing to do anyway, no worries about anything coming loose, etc. I don't know how to braze myself, but I have seen this approach used by other engine swappers.

I will have a look at the package to see where I bought the stainless one.