LS1 parts list for retrofit - Need input guys

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by Aceshigh, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Okay, well this is from someone who did this swap already. I can't get much info out of the other people I've asked....so I guess I'm winging it with a small selection here.

Just so you know, I will probably need to get an all new exhaust system in place AFTER the motor, so I'm debating on just keeping the stock manifolds for now just to save myself some cash too for a future complete overhaul. :)
    It's either that, or I need options that will work and prices, I can't get into a $700+ header setup right now when this install is obviously more then I anticipated.

Any ideas on alternatives??? If not, I'm just going to use the stockers for now and work on Headers later as long as I can slide them in around the engine.....I hope.

2. jakeshoe

jakeshoe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Hmm,
    On the headers,
    You will have to re-tune later for the headers swap.... Might figure that into the total cost.

I would buy some cheap headers (relatively anyway) that you know are a close fit, have the installed possibly modify as needed, then send them out for coating.

You should be able to get HPC or Jet hot type coating cheaper than $350 a set. More and more places do that now.

We have a place that does it in Ft. Worth....with same day turnaround.

One advantage to a band clamp is ground clearance... They are stouter than they look.

Jim,
    $4500 is not out of line for a parts and labor swap. I never said that specifically was too high. Some things could be done cheaper like the throttle cable.

What do you usually use for the LS1 fuel lines if you don't go braided?

New OEM lines modded, or ?

I need to go wrecking yard searching for some of the quick connects and a ALDL harness myself...

I priced the fuel lines from the dealer ( I get employee price) and they were pretty crazy spendy... because they run the length of the vehicle. Maybe there is a different application that would be cheaper.

The GM throttle cable is a pretty clean little piece.

3. Aceshigh

Son of a beaaatch!!!! dammit, I can't win....oh well.
    I guess I'm going to have to slam dunk this all at once then.....crap.
    Alright well I have the tuition reimbursements coming soon, maybe April 15thish.....plus I'm doing my taxes tomorrow.....

That's all the money I have left this year for all my Camaro mods.
    I will be shopping for headers and having you overlook the final price lst for parts once I find everything and I'm comfortable it's all I'll need. I found a few cheaper places for SS Compression fittings for the fuel I'll have to have you check out for me and see if it's the right stuff.

Thanks Jake, this is gonna be murder.....

4. martZ

martZ Veteran Member

Fbody Oil Pan

Aces,

I'll get those pictures sent to you tonight. Sorry for the delay, some sheite came up.

5. Aceshigh

Seriously if you have the pickup too, I'm sold, send me the pics and let me know for sure if it includes the pickup too or not. I'll paypal you ASAP once I see it.