LS1 Retrofit "How To" video....

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by Aceshigh, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Aceshigh

Aceshigh Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Does anyone think this will be a good thing to do??
    I'm noticing that ALOT of people are doing retrofits with this motor, and there's not a single training video out there. None.....whatsoever. Sucks for newbies like me to the LS1 motor and I think it would sell well to be honest.

I think if I made one up and itemized ALL the S+P parts used in the install I might even be able to get some of my parts for free. I'm going to run the idea past the shop too and see if I advertise for them if they'll knock off some of the money for the install. A DVD for maybe $20 on how to retrofit a 2nd gen, but enough info to retrofit into almost ANY classic muscle car......just brainstorming....

I'm thinking of emailing Street and Performance and seeing if I can get them to sponsor a "How To" video that might help subsidize the cost of my install.
    What do you guys think ??

2. BlownBigBlock

BlownBigBlock Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Didn't one of the major rags just do this? Hit all the major points for installing a later model engine into earlier car?

3. Aceshigh

If you find it, show me please. I need it. :)

I know Street and Performance has a few articles on the how to's of an LS1 retrofit into various applications, but none are FULL blown step by step details.
    Plus as we all know video training is easier for most to learn from. I'm a rookie at engine mechanical work, more like a retard, so I need this.

They DO have a video on LS1's/ LS6's, but it only outlines the motor specifics, nothing in regards to "retrofits". .....i wish, make my life 1,000x easier. :)

4. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Most of the shows I've seen spend half the time pushing their sponsors products. Go way off on replacing suspension parts and so on. And they skip a bunch of the important stuff too to save time. A good video of real world info would be worthwhile for sure.

5. Teetoe_Jones

Teetoe_Jones Member

Dude, Street and Performance has already done what you'd be calling them up to sponsor you for. They've had it on VHS and DVD for a few years now.

Tyler

6. Zedzag

Zedzag Veteran Member

Tyler is right. I bought some mounts from Street and Performance and they threw in an LS1/LS6/LS2 swap guide fro free. All the info is on the two disks.

BTW Tyler, When will your 2nd gen parts be available? Specifically the clutch master cylinder bracket?

7. Aceshigh

Are you 100 percent positive??
    According to them they don't.
    The LS1 video you're thinking of probably is the one they sent me with their catalog where they just talk about all the parts they offer for that motor. I specifically asked them about a complete swap video and they said "No". Even for a 1st gen that they did.....still "No". If you guys are 100% positive let me know, and check your DVD's.....so far I've watched mine and it's not, it's a solicitation video for parts.