LS1 Wiring question??

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by scotts72, Mar 24, 2020.

1. scotts72

scotts72 Member

Hi Guys!
    I was doing some general maintenance on my LS1 equipped 72 and I luckily came across some ground wires that were partially burned up..

The odd part is that I cant seem to find either of these wires on my LS1 wiring diagrams, one is grey/white and runs down to a sensor that is attached to the right hand side of the oil pan.. Google search indicated that it is for a Oil temp sensor, but it does not appear in my diagrams.... the other one is black/white and I cant tell where the heck it goes.. the only black/white wire that is listed is for the #5 fuel injector but a resistance test tells me that this is not my wire..

I would just like to confirm that these 2 wires are in fact supposed to be grounded before I replace them and have it happen again.. BTW, these 2 wires were landed on the same source of ground if that makes a difference..

Any help with this would he greatly appreciated!!!

TIA,
    Scott

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

The LS1 didn't have a oil temp sensor. There was a oil level sensor that's deleted in alot of harness modifications. On my stand-alone harness, there are only few grounds and they are all solid black wires about 14-16 ga.

Did you modify the harness your self? Where are these wires poking out from?

3. scotts72

scotts72 Member

Yes, I modified it with help from a friend, but it's a stock 2002 harness.. it looks like both of them come out of the ECM then split off about a foot upstream from it.. I will grab a pic of it in the morning..

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  4. Pierre74LT

Pierre74LT New Member

you have a black and white ground for oil level (image from 2002 camaro)

Attached Files:

5. scotts72

scotts72 Member

Thanks for the reply, the part that confuses me is that the oil level sensor is listed on my diagram as being located on the left side of the oil pan, this sensor has a grey/white wire and is located on the right side of the pan..

6. scotts72

scotts72 Member

pic for reference

[​IMG]