LS3 accessory drives

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by TCinthe6, Dec 17, 2018.

1. TCinthe6

TCinthe6 Veteran Member

Hey folks,

Looking for a new accessory drive for my LS376/480. No blower or turbos...just a plain jane LS3 for the most part.

I don't want to blow the bank on a $2K bling-bling accessory drive, but I also don't want to be rummaging through junk yards for used parts.

Is there a happy medium that is proven to fit without clearance issues?

Saw this Corvette drive on Jegs for $645.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Chevrolet-Performance/809/19257325/10002/-1

[​IMG]

Any idea if this will clear everything? Or does anyone have other ideas?

2. camarochevy1970

camarochevy1970 Veteran Member

that's probably about the best wya, however you will need to make sure you have the correct balancer and water pump to match that kit

3. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Glad you posted this, I was just going to make a post because some people don’t go to PT.com. I’m actually looking for bling. Wanted to see if anyone is running the Wegner or the Drive Junky.

Op, I have that current set-up on my 1970 Camaro. The corvette accessories is the way to go for an OEM set-up. Do you plan to have AC? Interest in my kit? It’s basically new.

4. TCinthe6

TCinthe6 Veteran Member

Thanks for the advice. I'll for this route for now...bling will come down the road. For now I just need to get everything setup and dialed in.

Don't think I can take you up on your offer, but thank you. If I lived in the States, I would jump on it...but I know from experience that shipping and duties from down south all the way to Canada will make it cost prohibitive vs just getting my local GM shop to pull it from their stock.

5. C4Racer

C4Racer Veteran Member

A lot of those kits come with the water pump. But looks like that is the right path for you.

6. TCinthe6

TCinthe6 Veteran Member

Yea - I thought about getting the Holley mid-mount accessory drive that has a new water pump, and then everything else bolts onto that. But my crate motor already has a water pump...so I'll use the stock parts I have for now. Trying to keep the costs reasonable, but it seems like some extra always pops up!

After I get this thing actually driving how I want to, I'll bling it up a bit more.

7. badazz81z28

There's nothing wrong with the OEM corvette set-up. Appeal is what I'm OCD about. The arms for the AC compressor and the Alternator is too far out and does interfere slightly with the inner fenders. I want to bring my accessories closer in for appearance sake.

8. TCinthe6

TCinthe6 Veteran Member

Well damn...now you have me thinking again! I don't want to see my alternator touch my inner fender!!

9. badazz81z28

I had to slightly trim both inner fenders. Not a big deal, but something to consider

10. speed_m5

speed_m5 Veteran Member

3FAB6B95-9ED9-4AE9-96E4-44F31C522501.jpeg I have installed several different kind, The corvette mount alt bracket is fine but the holley top mount for the AC you have to trim the inner fender for it to work, Also this was on a HOTT LS7 and at higher RPM it would throw the belt. We changed to the Wegner drive and fits nice and tight, The vintage air also is a nice fitting unit a little higher in price. I just did a LS3 with the new Holley mid mount and I was very impressed with it also