LS3 accessory drives

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by TCinthe6, Dec 17, 2018.

1. thesalboy

thesalboy Veteran Member

Thanks man. Holley designed the system around the standard current-vintage LT cartridge-style water pump. Per the manual, it's GM p/n 12619770. The housing that mounts that cartridge and all the accessories should never need replacement.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

That part number is a gasket. Is the cartridge a GM part? Honesty I think it would considerable miles and years before the pump failed. I would be more concerned with the alternator. Like VA, they use a special size that’s not common

3. QUAKE_WARS

QUAKE_WARS Veteran Member

No portion may be used with or without permission
    You can get a replacement at any auto parts, Its a corvette pump:)

4. thesalboy

thesalboy Veteran Member

Just testing you...:confused:

I don't recall whether there was a GM part number on the cartridge or not, but I don't think so. Dealer parts diagrams I use don't go past 2014. Per RockAuto, part numbers are 12685731 for Corvette, 12685733 for Camaro. Same part numbers per car whether LT1 or LT4. For both cars, early model year LTs have different part numbers. Limited pics found, but it may be that the pulley is different. Pics of the GM parts show ribbed - Holley's is smooth. I think I saw a way to unbolt the pulley from the backside of the pump, but am not 100% sure. I could have dreamed it, but think I saw that as you spin the pulley, when the mounting bolt holes are not aligned with the pulley holes, the bolts that hold the pulley on are accessible.

I'd thought the alternator was C7, but see now that the Holley literature only claims that the alternator technology is shared with C7. Not sure if the voltage regulator is serviceable, but I think it's wholly internal, so it's no simple task replacing it either way.

5. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Horrible video of these guys going back and forth with each other, but it seems the alternator and water pump cartridge is Holley unique. I still don’t think you’ll have an issue in the next 20-30 years