LS3 T6060 Swap Manual Mount and Modifications

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by Argyros71, Jun 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Argyros71

Argyros71 New Member

Hey guys im looking to do an LS3 swap in my 71 Camaro.
    Now being that im new to the whole restoration thing im not a car guru like most other people on here.
    With that being said the more information you guys are table to help me the better.
    I was wondering if there are any kits or mounts that are available for this swap and also if there will be any modifications that I will need to do to the trans tunnel or anything along those lines?

Thank you

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

^^ I'm guessing your first time on the internet forums? There is a vast amount of info on the net and tons of parts available to help. Expect some mods, nothing drastic but then again it all comes down to how "perfect" you want it.

3. Argyros71

Argyros71 New Member

Yes it is, and ive been looking online but it goes from one extreme to the next. Im just trying to see if I can find a kit that would take care of basically everything I need to set up the motor in there, aside from the fabrication that's going to be needed of course.

4. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

You won't need to fabricate, but it does add the finer details. You don't have to cut the trans tunnel out. It may require a little massaging, but if you want it nice and neat you can cut the whole top of the tunnel out and fabricate a new one. You can buy the motor mount adapter adapters on eBay, from Holley, Detroit Speed etc. Corvette accessories work best on the sec gen, headers are subjective...I have $2k detroit Speed. There's a lot to say.....let's start slow. Ask away

5. Argyros71

Argyros71 New Member

Well my first thing is im going to be buying a pull out ls3 from ebay, due to budget I cant I afford the pricey brand new ls3's. With that being said the good thing is it comes with a ton of accessories, basically ready to be dropped in and go. However, I work with a small shop and there is not much room where I can keep the engine out of the car for long where we wouldn't be tripping over it all the time, so ideally I wanted to have motor mounts and whatever else necessary to be able to be able to just drop the engine into the engine bay the moment it arrives so we can work around it.
    The engine wont be shipped for at least 2 weeks which gives me time to get everything else I need but I just need to know what motor mount adapters you would recommend to be able to just have the engine in there and if I would need anything else besides that?