LS6 to t56 parts list

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by 1981z28g92, Feb 2, 2020.

1. 1981z28g92

1981z28g92 New Member

As stated in the title I'm looking to install a 98-2002 t56 to the ls6 I pulled from a wrecked vette. I just wanted to run through a list of parts. I'm mainly looking for recommendations on cross-members and etc. If something in the parts list should be changed let me know. I understand some of the brackets like the DSE supposedly do now work on an 80 & 81 due to the location of the fuse box.

From Donor:
    t56 and bell housing
    shifter
    slave/master(Might replace if it looks rough)
    (also taking fans and brakes from donor)

New ls7 clutch, flywheel, and pilot

Harness: PSI

Crossmember: Not sure, if anyone knows which one fits well and doesn't cost a fortune, I am open to suggestions.

Bracket for MC: Speedtech

Pedals: I have an automatic, so I'll try to buy some used or reproduction second gen.

Driveshaft: I'm not sure yet. I'll need to measure and decide if I want to modify the stock one or build one. To my understanding the 4th gen fbody's shaft is too short to be usable.

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

It’s pretty straight forward. Never heard of fuse box issues with the MC bracket. The SpeedTech bracket is the same as the DSE one. Should work just fine. I like the idea of a aluminum shaft from Shaftmasters or Inland Empire. Look to Bowler Transmission for the crossmember. Reproduction pedal is fine, that’s what I have (I like the 70-72 larger foot pad). I see no issues with PSI or a factory LS7 clutch.

1981z28g92 likes this.