LT1 + 8L90 swap

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by BrewInfusedYeti, Dec 21, 2019.

Tags:
  1. BrewInfusedYeti

BrewInfusedYeti New Member

Anyone running the 8L90 out of a Camaro in their second gen? I have been looking around for transmission crossmembers that will support the 8L90 and it seems like BRP Hot Rods (Muscle Rods) is the only one that sells a transmission crossmember with a bracket to run the 8L90. Hooker/Holley sells one for the 4L60 that i have seen used with a 6L90 - not sure if that could be used here with minor modifications or not. The motor/trans show up Monday so haven't had a chance to measure anything out. Any info is helpful, cheers.

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Still too new of a swap, you might need to invent the wheel and see what works

3. SPG

SPG Bumblebee Builder

brp hot rods is your best choice, I plan on using them for my project, but I won't be putting a 8l90 in my car. (and by the time I get around to it anyways, there might be more options available to me)

This guy on the other hand is putting that transmission in the car and I would suggest looking at his build thread to get a better idea of what you'll be dealing with (aside from needing to cool down the super charger)
    http://nastyz28.com/threads/79-z28-project-fast-times.325685/page-6#post-3745354

BrewInfusedYeti likes this.
  4. BrewInfusedYeti

BrewInfusedYeti New Member

Holy hell, that is an awesome find, I had searched 8l90 in before but didnt see this article. Thanks a ton SPG!!