lt1 ac compressor hose connection block

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by LT1 WS6, Mar 7, 2017.

1. LT1 WS6

LT1 WS6 Veteran Member

I'm looking for the part that bolts to the ports on the AC compressor for an LT1 out of an Fbody. I need one that comes off the sides and not out the back like stock. Anyone have any idea where I can look and what the proper name for that piece might be?

Thanks

2. hoppin5478

hoppin5478 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I just went through this with my LT1 not to long ago but I used straight fittings. They generally refer to the part as an ac block fitting or compressor adapter. I used www.coldhose.com I called them and they got me the right manifold for a pretty good price and they were very helpful as well. Www.nostalgicac.com also carries parts but they are little more expensive. The LT1 uses an HD6 compressor which are supposed to be pretty good from what I've read. I believe the manifold is shared with some common GM compressor's so they are readily available.

3. LT1 WS6

LT1 WS6 Veteran Member

I appreciate the leads. I did find that Vintage Air make an adapter that they say will work for me. It's part number 045024.

Thank you!