LT1 Conversion In Progress

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by barts71, Aug 17, 2006.

1. barts71

barts71 New Member

Hello I am new to this forum but have been a Camaro lover since the begining. I am currently building a 1971 Camaro. So far I have the engine and Transmission installed. My donor car is a 1993 Corvette, I have the whole car and also bought the Painless wiring harness to install. I installed a Saginaw 4 speed behind it with a H/D clutch. My first problem is understanding the fuel system as far as how to run it,modifing the tank,etc... My second question is anyone know what headers will fit? Someone told me to buy headers made to fit a 1971 Camaro but I thought the passenger side head was different on motors from around 1978 and up? Like I said this is a 93 LT1 motor with a 4 speed transmission. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

2. 3_z28camaro

3_z28camaro Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

ULTM8Z's EFI guide can help you with fuel system questions:

http://www.nastyz28.com/2gcog/dtrest.html

As for headers, the LT1 uses a D port design on the head and headers for our cars would use the square or oval port. So headers built for a '71 might work with the D port with some massaging. Not completely sure, hopefully someone else can help you there.

By the way, welcome to the board!

3. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member