LT1 won't start

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by 7181Z28, Apr 10, 2019.

1. 7181Z28

7181Z28 New Member

High all. I am needing some help in regards to my 92 LT1. It won't start. Changed out optispark, checked spark with tool, has spark from coil to opti, has 45lbs fuel pressure while turning over. Could it be the ignition control module? Ground wires?
    Thank you for any info.

Attached Files:

2. 75Maro

75Maro Veteran Member

I had an LT1 that ate igniting modules like crazy. My $ is on it.

3. Mike-78 Z-28

Mike-78 Z-28 Veteran Member

4. 7181Z28

7181Z28 New Member

Thank you. That's what it seems to be. Will know for sure when new one gets put on.

5. 7181Z28

7181Z28 New Member

Yes, it was tested and bad. Will know for sure when new one gets put on. Crazy!

6. supwicha

supwicha Veteran Member

Is this a new conversion? Not knowing if this a first attempt to make it run or not, I'll assume that it is: Does your computer have the anti-theft still present? Most of the LT1 PCM's will require that you update the calibration in the PCM to program out the anti theft (passkey system). A clue to check is to see if you have injector pulse during crank (volts will be present, but pulsating ground will not). My particular LT1 build was using a PCM from a '95. I used free downloadable software to eliminate and program out the "passkey" system. Also, use a small amount of starting fluid to see if you get a quick start and shut-down. If it does, the ignition system is not your problem. If this is not a conversion and you are referring to a '92 camaro, check to see if your key is a "passkey", they do fail over time and will be rejected by the PCM.

7. sbca96

sbca96 Veteran Member

So is it running now?

For the record : No LT1 in the Camaro for 1992, would have to be a Corvette LT1 if its a 1992 engine. If its a Camaro then it has to be a 1993 engine.

Tom