Mach-E Reveal

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Todd80Z28, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

For the record - there is some very cool fast-charging tech on the market now
    https://freewiretech.com/products/dc-boost-charger/
    Basically a fast charger that uses a supplemental battery to offer fast charging on conventional infrastructure.

Standard L2 charging adds ~26 miles of charge in an hour
    Fast charging adds ~40 miles in 10 minutes

2. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

3. FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

My mustang ecoboost actually has the “engine sound symposer” but I had to disable it. It is connected (one in the same) as active noise canceling system.

so my aftermarket subwoofer was causing the ANC to go crazy.

I disabled it via software editing forescan the music sounds so much better without having engine sounds overlaying the music because they come from same speaker just an additional layer on the sound.

Odd too, I think the mustang eb sounds better without the symposer, the music is way better.

But electric is silent, going to be odd seeing these. I’m definitely test driving one

4. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I think regs going forward requires them all to make some sort of sound at low speed, to alert nearby pedestrians.

That’s the odd thing though- to me, the dead silence on accel is a feature. Why pipe in any nonsense?

Dave Nelson likes this.
  5. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I suspect the new Mustang will go the way of the C-Max. It just wasn't feasible for most drivers. I'll be heading down to see the kid Wednesday and expect to spend 12-13 hours on the road. I'll come back Sunday and do the same. There's no way an electric vehicle can do that. Hybrid maybe, not electric. In addition, electric vehicle batteries have a finite life span of charge/discharge cycles. They are getting better hybrid technology in 2012 was a life span of 100,000 miles before replacement was required. I don't know about now.

6. sparkyboy

sparkyboy Veteran Member

Current Mustang = retro designed muscle car
    Mach e = capsule
    Both designs are stale at this point for me