Man, some people...

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Todd80Z28, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Northern VA
    We bought a couple of new iPhones for christmas, so I cleaned the old ones up today and put them on Craigslist. Got an offer on the 6 immediately. It was well-cared for, no issues, had a new battery done by Apple a few months back, always in a case with a screen protector, just flawless really. No issues, other than my daughter REALLY wanted a new one, and we took advantage of a Black Friday offer.

I meet the guy at Target about an hour ago, he checks it out, had a spare SIM card, put it in, set it up, touch ID, passcode, etc. All good. Checks youtube, makes a call, complains that he can't hear, but was holding the earpiece to his earlobe?? I should have seen it coming... He's satisfied, gives me the money, on my way.

He texts me on the way home. "Did you set the passcode?" I replied " No, I saw you set it up when we were standing there." "Now the touch ID and passcode won't work."
    He texts me again "neither work now." I smell a rat... I sent back "I don't know what to tell you. I sold you a phone that was working 100% with no issues, and you tested it as we were standing there."

I think he's trying to pull a switcheroo with a dead/locked phone. I'm not having that crap. He will not be getting a refund.

1980RS likes this.
  2. sal70ss

sal70ss Veteran Member

Jan 31, 2003
    Auburn NY
    Sold has is, simple has that

3. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ
    Yep, he checked the phone while you were there no issues then. I wouldn't give him anything back either. He has no idea who you are or where you live. Block his number if you have to.

4. Todd80Z28

Jun 11, 2002
    Northern VA
    He has since texted back "no worries, I'll figure it out later." Sheesh... Hopefully this is the last I hear from him.

I've got an iPhone SE up for sale too... no shenanigans there I hope.

5. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 12, 2011
    atlanta, ga
    block his number and move on!!

6. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Irrelevant Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Athens, GA
    He should be able to restore it to factory settings using iTunes. I just had to do it to my daughter's iPhone 7 since we were trading it in. She couldn't remember the passcode needed to erase the data and reset it.

Verizon gave me $267 off the price of a new one. The stipulations were that it had to turn ON, battery to take/hold a charge and no cracks in the screen.

7. Todd80Z28

Jun 11, 2002
    Northern VA
    He sent me a text yesterday- he "figured it out." Good enough, bye bye.

I sold an iPhone SE 64GB too. Apparently my prices were low, they went fast.

8. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    He had his chance to check it out...

9. ZEN357

ZEN357 Veteran Member

Feb 12, 2018
    I tried to sell two guitars and an amp in mint condition on craigslist and can not begin to count the number of scammers that replied. I finally sold both guitars and the amp to some reputable individuals but I will never list anything on craigslist again and this is not anything against craigslist, I just can't deal with all the scammers out there.

carr911 likes this.
  10. Todd80Z28

Jun 11, 2002
    Northern VA
    See the first post... he did, 100% tested while we were both standing there, no issues.

I got another- also have a busted iPad on there, for parts essentially, and the low price reflects that. Lady texts me last night that she wants it... ok... “I live in Germantown”. Ok, good for you? When can I pick it up? Tomorrow is good, after 6:30. Can we meet at shopping center? Sure, which one?
    ... Germantown is about 50-55min drive from my house without traffic, and getting there takes me 66, Beltway, 270- all the worst DC has to offer.

She names one 5 min from her house.:rolleyes:

Umm, how about no! I told her I would drive no more than 25 min from home to help her out. For $40 buster iPad. I haven’t heard from her since. Geez.