Man, some people...

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Todd80Z28, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Northern VA
    The saga continues... I'm almost ready to put the busted iPad in the recycle pile. A guy kept emailing me again and again and AGAIN to text him with info and directions, but just couldn't get through his head that I couldn't deduce his cell# from his email address.:D He's finally says "ok, ok, I just come to your house" and I said, "No, no you will not." (he didn't have my address). After all this back and forth (more than a day... hey, I was amused) he asks "what version is iPad Air? 1, 2, 3??" [smacks forehead]
    I'm reminded of the Harvey Danger song "I've been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding...":rolleyes:

Maybe I will keep it listed for another month or so, just for material for this thread.:D

(P.S. loaded that song up on Youtube... it's 22!!! years old. What. the. hell. happened to the years?)

2. danbrennan

danbrennan Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 13, 1999
    Brighton, MI
    Write a book like, oh nuts, I forget his username - the one that wrote the book about his adventures answering ads like "Beautiful Russian women want to meet you now".

3. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

May 1, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    My new favorite thing is people who want to meet you at your home and you tell them to meet at the corner, they suddenly disappear.

A lot of thieves and hustlers on Criagslist and Offer Up. Jackbags.

4. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Feb 12, 2011
    atlanta, ga
    I had 1 (sorta guy...girl combo) wanted to meet me at the police station....I said "really....i'm the one bringing the money...duh....if you want MY money meet at the pizza place...20 miles closer to both of us"......really over $200 ....i'm the one bringing the money. Now i could see if it were some $500+ thing....single FEMALE....(or guy for that matter)...but a simple trumpet???

5. Todd80Z28

Jun 11, 2002
    Northern VA
    Lady from Germantown emailed me again... she wants to meet nearby on Sunday. "You know we are getting snow from noon tomorrow through midday Sunday, right?" LOL... remember this is a BUSTED iPad.:D

6. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nov 2, 2002
    Waddell AZ
    There was a guy here locally that got jacked for a laptop he was selling. They met a McDonalds and the two dudes robbed him. Everyone needs to be careful, buyers and sellers.

7. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 27, 2016
    NY
    And I remember when buying a 9mm pistol I just went to the guys house, confirmed that he was the true owner, gave him 500 bucks and left with the gun, times sure have changed, HAA HA

8. Todd80Z28

Jun 11, 2002
    Northern VA
    The iPad saga ends... She decided she had to come get it today. It's been snowing since 5pm yesterday, probably about 7" on the ground. Roads are passable, but covered with snow so you're not going anywhere fast. She texted me at 4pm! about coming to get it. "Ok, please drive safe." I waited over an hour for her at Target (shopped some too), no show. I drove home (7-8min). She calls me at 6:30! she's there.
    This woman (Asian, VERY heavy accent) showed up in a Porsche Cayenne Turbo with 20+" tires, super low profile, in the damn snow. 60 miles, 2.5 hours, sliding all over the place (her actual words were "I'm so loose, side side"- SWEAR TO GOD!) to buy a $50 iPad with a busted screen. It's for her store cameras, she says.. $100k+ SUV, but can't spring $125-150 for a more local iPad that doesn't have a busted screen.

MAN, SOME PEOPLE?!?!

9. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Evansville, In.

I've noticed repeatedly through the years that rich people get that way by squeezing every buck they can. I had an Uncle like that. My cousins thought he was comfortable but he was loaded. He never gave them anything until they went to dispose of his estate. Both can probably retire now.

10. Mike N

Mike N Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Jan 13, 2002
    Spencerport, NY.
    Was that Cold Bastard?