May be getting another second gen Camaro.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by ol' grouch, Nov 15, 2019.

1. xten

xten Veteran Member

My buddy and his dad went from the Pittsburgh area to Detroit to look at a Nova. Walked up to the house and saw a rusted out piece of crap under a car port. Asked the guy if that was the parts car. He said "No, that's it". My buddy punched through the screen in the door and dragged him through it, and started wailing on him and ended up in jail.

f-body freak likes this.
  2. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

The car was up near Tuscola IL. Fairly long drive.

3. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

Those flakes have always been around it seems,I remember WAAAAY long ago guy places an ad for a 65 nova in classifieds 50-60 miles away.Call ask the particulars gleaming responses,plus it wasn't "a steal" I ask for directions,address says get to the citgo station and call me I'll drive it down! get there call [pay phone]then gives me the address,I reply "I thought you'd drive it down" reply OH it doesn't run!! Go there total bomb,flat tires,2 extra doors and a sapling grown in front of one of the garage doors to boot."Gimme an afternoon,and I'll have her purring like a kitten-I used to do my own tune-ups after WWII" WHEEEH :screwup:
    Car community was small then talked to a couple other guys that summer and at least 3 others he pulled same crap on.One almost beat him down I guess,One thing to not know,another to out and out lie to you!! Now you have a great story to share too!!!

4. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I'm old enough I have plenty of stories that didn't waste an entire day to get.

f-body freak and brooksman9 like this.