MSD HEI spark plug terminal ends

Discussion in 'High Performance Modifications' started by muscl car, Jun 14, 2018.

1. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Anyone know of an easy way to crimp these terminals onto spark plug wires ?? . These are a double crimp design , crimp the conductor onto the terminal and another crimp onto the outer sheaving

I've already screwed two of these up trying to crimp to the wires

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...H_y9EvZnWjGh4LQ1I5BoCJkcQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

2. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Feb 2, 2014
    Buffalo,n.y.
    I used a coax cable crimper for the insulation and then crimp the inner wire with regular wire crimper.

muscl car likes this.
  3. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

Oct 11, 2015
    North Bay, CA
    When I bought my MSD wire they came with a crimping tool. 80sz idea sounds like a good one.

muscl car likes this.
  4. Jon balch

Jon balch Veteran Member Gold Member

Mar 29, 2017
    Upstate NY
    Mine also came with the 2 piece tool. But this was with the wire kit. Use some dielectric grease to slide them into the boots. Makes it a lot easier.

5. Turbo70Camaro

Turbo70Camaro Veteran Member Gold Member

Jan 7, 2005
    so cal
    Chuck if you have it in you bring them by my place will get them done in a few hours.

6. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

May 6, 2012
    Federal Way, Washington
    I would get the MSD spark plug crimper # 35051 .Its a good investment ,Plug you can use it for other things

7. Goodwrench1965

Goodwrench1965 Veteran Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Charlotte NC
    Of course it goes without saying to follow the directions from MSD. Like any process practice makes perfect. You will learn tricks for how to make getting the boots over the terminal and less difficult. I know it seems tedious and time-consuming making the wires custom length but it really doesn't take that long with a little practice and looks a hell of a lot better.

8. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Found no crimping tool in the box my wires came from and I'm using a Accel wire crimping pliers but that only crimps the larger crimp on the Wire insulation

What's weird is in the Assembly instructions it mentions using needle nose pliers to crimp the connector to the carbon wire conductor ????

9. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

May 6, 2012
    Federal Way, Washington
    The little funky tool is a joke I use the MSD spark plug wire crimpers ,And its a whole lot faster.and cleaner.

10. Goodwrench1965

Goodwrench1965 Veteran Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Charlotte NC
    That little tool is not the fastest option but it can yield professional results used as instructed.