My 1979 Camaro Z28 Project!

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Blu-By-U 79Z, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Sonic78formulaz28

Sonic78formulaz28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Looks like your doin pretty good. Plan on changing out the exhaust manifolds with headers or anything?

2. Blu-By-U 79Z

Blu-By-U 79Z Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

not sure yet. 2 of the bolts on each one that connect to the exhaust broke off... so idk what to do yet. I do however plan on getting full exhaust including headers, x pipe, and flowmasters sometime this summer.

3. Blu-By-U 79Z

Well yesturday i treated the surface rust spots on the body and in the engine bay. Because it had to sit for 24 hours. Do today i went out and decided to get the cowl pretty much finished. So i scuffed the old paint and sprayed some primer and then a nice coat or satin black rustoleum. Looks pretty good. So at least that is one part thats basically done. I still need to get the other small stuff on the cowl repainted. But its a slow process but its getting there. Ill post pics ASAP when i can get the other pc to upload them. -Matt

4. Blu-By-U 79Z

Alright its Picture time!!!!!
    Alright well this is what i have been up to. On saturday i treated the surface rust on the cowl and inside of the cowl. It wasn't to bad but it takes 24 hours before u are able to do anything with it. So here are a few pictures.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Blu-By-U 79Z

On sunday i treated the rust on the on the battery tray and on the core support. Then i decided to treat some of the surface rust on the body and around the rear window. So here is what it looked like. This stuff worked well and leaves a coating that helps seal the rust.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Blu-By-U 79Z

Well today i finished my camaro model since i had down time from the 24 hours on the battery tray and core support. Then i primed the cowl and painted it with the satin black. Here is the last update i got for the night lol. More tomorrow. Yea the wheels are big.. i took them off a mustang model lol. Just like the deep dish look to them. Thats my new toy for the shows.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is the cowl:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Blu-By-U 79Z

TTT Again

8. RockinZ

RockinZ Veteran Member Gold Member

Hey Matt, sorry about the silence there. Your project's coming along good! Nice replica as well!

Not sure if I would use a rust converter on the body. I did use it on my engine block because I didn't get it hot tanked. the paint is still there so I guess it worked. On the body I would remove all the rust down to bare metal. Something to consider before you get too far.

9. Blu-By-U 79Z

Hey no big man.
    Just want people to see im not a bump on a log lol.
    As far as the rust treatment. Its temporary until i can strip the car down and redo it. Its my daily normally so i have to drive it but im in autobody at college and i plan to get to work on it this semester in auguest if i can. But i just wanted to slow it down until then. -Mat

10. DB Z28

DB Z28 Veteran Member

Looking good Nice job I see the color is like mine