My 1979 Camaro Z28 Project!

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Blu-By-U 79Z, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Blu-By-U 79Z

Blu-By-U 79Z Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

thanks its on all 4s again and im hopeing that it will be running again tomorrow.

2. Paul1979

Paul1979 Veteran Member

Nice car. I'm also partial to the blue colored engine blocks and will be painting mine the same eventually.

3. Blu-By-U 79Z

Well the motor is in and running. I need to adjust the timing but that and my oil leak is still there..:( but im gonna try to get that taken care of here soon. As of now if it all works out i will be heading to get exhaust on Tuesday. not sure either an H or X pipe to flowmaster 40s. I cant wait to finally drive the car again. I miss it :bowtie:

4. Blu-By-U 79Z

Hey guys,
    Got the motor in the car and got exhaust on it. Exhaust consists of Hedman Hedders to 2.5" X pipe and 2 flowmaster 40 mufflers. Still has an oil leak but i think the rear main was cut during installation. I took a few new pics to show how its looking. Enjoy. -Matt
    Few Engine shots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Few the day i got exhaust.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My 79 and my friends 79 Red Bird
    [​IMG]

5. vernonwright

vernonwright Veteran Member

hey it looks great . it all worth all the work in the end

6. Damon23

Damon23 Veteran Member

Outstanding. A standing ovation from down here. I'm going to be installing my motor this weekend with some help. I have to get a can of paint to touch up a couple areas and repaint the block. This is motor rebuild part two for me. This time it will be right. How did it work out for you dropping the motor in with the distributor in and the transmission in the car? My transmission is still in and I pulled the distributor for safety. I have headman headers as well. I love them but the drivers side was kind of tight. Anyway, enough of my rambling, great job. Now cruise that thing.

7. Blu-By-U 79Z

Hey Damon23,
    Sorry i didnt see that you had posted. It went in well actually. Had no issue with the Dizzy. And the transmission being in the car wasnt to bad itself. How did ur motor install go? Worst part was bolting the tranny dipstick lol but after that it wasnt to bad at all. Yea the Headman headers gave me some trouble at first because the shift linkage was hitting the collector but we took a steel pipe and slightly bent it out of the way, didnt hurt a thing. Sorry for the late response. Thanks for the complements. -Matt:bowtie:

8. Blu-By-U 79Z

Well i guess u dont get replies if u dont post. So with that being said here is a newest update. Well i went and bought a Air Induction hood on saturday and i got 2 fenders with 80-81 vents in them. Upper and lower 1980 grill and some head light buckets all for $135! I Took the Air Induction flap to school and media blasted it, metal prepped it, epoxy primed it, and then sprayed it trim black. Looks pretty good. Still thinking of some ideas for it but for now its fine. In a few weeks im expecting some money back from school. Then there will be alot of new stuff to update. So dont forget me. Things have just been going slow. Keep watching for more updates. -Matt

Here is a picture of the score on Saturday.
    [​IMG]

9. Blu-By-U 79Z

Here we go. I got pics!
    My Air Induction Flapper.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now the hood on the car.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Blu-By-U 79Z

Pic break :]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love this hood so much!!!! it is so mean :) What u think about my updates?