My '73 Pro Street Project

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Jodi, May 24, 2019.

1. Jodi

Jodi New Member

Hi Scott51, The last bolt hole on #8 cylinder needs a little massaging for the bolt to line up, other than that everything else fit perfect. Those guys at Lemons Headers really did their homework on this one. They would recommend using certain starter model though as they would build the headers to clear around this starter model.

2. Scott51

Scott51 Veteran Member

Cool have heard nothing but good things about lemons but wasn’t keen on cutting or removing my inner fenders for the BB race header. I’m guessing yours are their ‘pro-tour’ version?

3. Jodi

Jodi New Member

That's correct, They have 2 header designs for 70 - 81 BBC Camaro mine is the street version which is limited to 2 1/8" tube size. I believe the part # is BBPT-670. Their race version is available up to 2 1/2" tube size and as you mentioned the inner fenders needs to be modified for the install. I believe the part # is BBR-510 for the race version.

4. Gasoholic

Gasoholic Member

Can't help noticing the Chevelle too. Sure looks nice from here.

Just curious, what happened with the 383 and th350 that you took out?

hubedobeedo likes this.
  5. Jodi

Jodi New Member

Thanks for the Chevelle comment.
    Thanks for the Chevelle comment, it's a '71 SS454 convertible. I have own it since 1988.

I will be keeping the engine for now, the transmission is for sale.

hubedobeedo likes this.
  6. Jodi

Jodi New Member

Started with the Battery trunk relocation. Made some mounting brackets for the battery box and remote starter solenoid also drilled the hole for the cut off switch. Battery Trunk Relocation 3.jpg Battery Trunk Relocation 4_LI.jpg

7. Jodi

Jodi New Member

Started wiring! I went a little overboard with the cable size (4 O) welding cable, probably added 50 lbs. of weight to the car (lol). For the alternator charge wire I used 2 O welding cable (figured better be safe than sorry). The cables are all routed inside the car. Battery Cable Routing.jpg Trunk.jpg

8. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

HAA HA, I am also going to use the same size wire and thought the same, lots of weight, I have been looking for a good wiring diagram, did you find one, or you just know what you are doing?

9. Jodi

Jodi New Member

Battery Disconnect Switch.jpg 175 amp mega fuse.jpg Fuel Cell.jpg For battery cut off switch I decided on Flaming Rivers big switch model and for safety a mega fuse for the alternator wire. Fuel cell is a 15 gallon (not sure of the brand, probably Jaz).

10. Jodi

Jodi New Member

I had a pretty good idea already (did similar set up for a friend before).