My first transmission rebuild

Discussion in 'Transmission & Driveline Topics' started by Z28dream, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Z28dream

Z28dream New Member

I am rebuilding the TH-350 in my Camaro and I'm looking for some professional advise. I really appreciate any input I receive that will help me complete this part of the restoration. A few questions I have in mind are:

1. Should I rebuild this one or is there another transmission that would be better for
    street/strip that won't break the bank
    2. If I keep the TH-350 are there any mods I could do that would improve the performance such as a shift improver kit

That's all I can think of for now but I'm sure more will come up along the way. The heat and humidity are bad right now so i'll probably put a window unit in my shop and work on the trans in there. Gotta run for now...thanks!!

2. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

go to the stickys....JAKE SHOE ..tranny guru did some serious write ups there. (i'm a th400...so a little different)
    They are pretty straight forward .... especially if you know the tranny is in good working order already ;)!!!
    1st and most important ?......whats in FRONT of this tranny 300 ft/lbs torque or 600 ft/lbs.... horsepower is irrelevant... torque BREAKS stuff.....HP just spins quick.

3. Matthewm7

Matthewm7 New Member

This guy has a 2 part video on youtube basically step by step hope it helps you out

4. 77 cruiser

77 cruiser Veteran Member