my latest parts car victim...73(?) Olds Delta 88 - this one is GROSS

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 351maverick, Aug 25, 2013.

1. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

so my buddy at work asked me if I would give him $300 for the car that was in the garage of one of his rental properties - the house was his grandfather's who died in 1976

well the car the grandfather bought a few years before he died was still in the garage...SINCE 1976!

the roof collapsed a few years ago & the garage needs torn down, but the car needs moved first - I looked at it & told him I'll give him $275 and I want all the metal in the garage- there's an old stove, some cabinets & a bunch of old pipes (weight = $$$)

today I ripped the doors off the garage with a chain & the truck, and drug the car, in park, 4 flat tires into the light of day for the first time in almost 40 years

with it chained real close the big F250 just picked up the front end & out it came

I think it's a 73 Olds Delta 88....and a completely disgusting car - I have no idea the motor, as under the hood is literally FULL of dirt (damn vermin) - I broke the steering wheel pin so I can steer, and pulled the cotter pin off the linkage rod (after DIGGING for a few minutes) to get the car into neutral - of course there are no keys - there NEVER are LOL

the interior is so gross I was afraid to even take a picture, but all 4 tires DO hold air, which will make pulling it onto the trailer this tuesday just a little bit easier

this one is getting scrapped IMMEDIATELY, the ONLY parts I'm removing are the radiator (already got that) and the yoke off the TH400
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. krabben1

krabben1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Wouldn't it be easier for you to get a real job?

3. BB72R-Yes

BB72R-Yes Veteran Member

The only thing more disgusting than the condition of that thing is the color.
    He should have paid you for disposal. Lol

4. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

i would immagine a 455 olds / useless th 400 . dude you got to get a shot of the interior . i want to see what " super mold ' looks like ...

5. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

I slave for the man 7-4 m-f....I do this kind of thing for FUN!

6. KEVS79

KEVS79 Veteran Member

I am jealous!! I would have a blast doing what you are doing for fun and making money. I just pick up random junk I see and can get through the free sections on CL. Tear them apart to separate the metals and take to the scrap yard. I normally fill my little 4x8 trailer w/the separated metals and usually get about 75.00 -100.00 per trip. I enjoy doing it, it is good for the environment and I get some extra Camaro money. I just don't have the room to do the big stuff like cars.

7. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Ahhh, the smell of mouse piss. I just gutted an 86 Caprice that had mouse nests in every nook & cranny of the darn thing.

There's a lot of thick steel in that car. Demo derby guys would probably give you $800 for that car gutted.

8. KansasTwister

KansasTwister Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

getting hard to find old iron around here, i bet they would give 800 as is lol.

9. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Yea, but there is money in the parts that would be taken off the car though.

10. jfreakofkorn

jfreakofkorn Veteran Member

thats a cool looking car, a land yacht =)