My LQ4 Swap

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by TheMeat, Dec 21, 2012.

1. toddoky

toddoky Veteran Member

That's a real nice car you have there themeat and the weather where you live will allow you to keep it that way for quite a while...I'm an Arizona transplant from Prescott and miss having access to all the prime used cars and parts out West. Finding decent parts locally in Kentucky is next to impossible, which usually means having to by stuff from out West or from the South and have it shipped.

2. TheMeat

TheMeat Veteran Member

The prime weather for cars is about all this place has going for it IMHO.!

3. toddoky

toddoky Veteran Member

LOL, I hear you.

4. TheMeat

TheMeat Veteran Member

Picked up An ATI overdrive crank pulley for a song! Wasn't looking for such a high dollar piece but I saw it for a deal I could not pass up.

5. jb451

jb451 Veteran Member

Meat, did you ever get a chance to see how much clearance you needed to clear the truck intake and accessory drive? Love the progress you've made so far man!

6. TheMeat

TheMeat Veteran Member

Clearance...? Hood clearance? Alternator was the highest point with the factory intake on there. The L88 style hood that I have provided enough clearance for it. A cowl induction hood will work too and has been done before with proof/pictures on this site. Do a search for it.

If you already have a cowl hood, a truck motor with its factory intake and accessories is a cheaper way to go. Not as "pretty" as the car style intakes though. But instead of changing to all f-body accessories and intake, I used that money towards the Whipple. Guys sell these truck supercharger set ups frequently so deals can be had on used units. Kills a couple of birds with one stone...ugly truck intake and performance.:cool:

Thanks for the compliments, this thing is taking longer and more dollars that anticipated. (just like any other project, but F*ck it!)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  7. jb451

jb451 Veteran Member

Yeah hood clearance is what i meant... I was talking to rvalley a few weeks back, he made it fit with an L88 hood as well, i'm just trying to figure out what the minimum is to run the intake, wether it be a 2 or a 4 inch cowl.

8. Madmike72

Madmike72 Veteran Member

What headers and mounts are you using? Do they fit well? I'm hopefully picking up a complete 6.0 this weekend. It comes with all the accesories,harness,computer and ugly truck intake for $1000. I think if I'm gonna pull the trigger on an LS swap this is my chance. I wanted to buy a wrecked camaro w/ a 6spd but the reality of me never being able to throw down that much cake at one time is setting in.

9. TheMeat

TheMeat Veteran Member

Carshop 1" set back mounts. I have the Dynatech 1 7/8" swap headers but personally I have not installed them yet.... others have with success.

10. TheMeat

TheMeat Veteran Member

Sorry man, I have been super busy lately and am currently out of town for a few weeks for work.

I'll try to get on it when I return home.