#!@%'n leave me alone already

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by ULTM8Z, Oct 3, 2019.

1. danbrennan

danbrennan Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

You should all quit eating meat - then the meat my wife and I buy will be much cheaper for us! :)

Some of the people that live long healthy lives can probably attribute it to healthy eating, but for many of them I think it's also in large part due to the genetics they were born with. Of course, if one has good genes, and also eats healthy, so much the better. But if one drew the short straw in gene pool, a healthy diet generally doesn't fix that.

Just my personal opinion, but I think the reason a lot of vegetarians seem to have a lot of lines in their face is because they're not getting enough fat. Years ago I read people need to eat some fat to keep their skin filled out.

"All things in moderation" - my recollection is what the ancient Greeks actually said was "All good things in moderation" :) Snorting cocaine or shooting up heroin in moderation doesn't really count :crazy:

Smokey15 likes this.
  2. ULTM8Z

ULTM8Z Veteran Member

That's their decision to make.

Dont need a bunch of busy bodies to protect me from myself nor curtail my freedom because other people abuse theirs.

Smokey15, 73 Z, GoldenOne7710 and 2 others like this.
  3. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I wonder if it's an American phenomenon to bash your own country and imply everyone else gets it right. I feel since I'm here and don't go abroad I may not have a good sample size.

4. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

The brain is mostly fat so that may explain why some of them are so ditzy. My mother burned the candle at both ends most of her life. She lived to be 93. She still had all her faculties to the end, although she was in a wheel chair the last few years.

5. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Don't know, no comparison to any place else was expressed or implied. Not a fan of the path we seem to be on, that's all.
    [​IMG]

Forget the rest of the world data since it offends you, just look at the US trend... first chart I could find, only goes that far, but assume we're on the same trend. So we're consuming 40-50% more meat, per person than we were in 1960. I'm betting our parents/grandparents that lived into their 90s didn't spend their whole lives eating 12+oz of meat every single day.
    Maybe we should have a little introspection and not just rage "MAH FREE-DUMB!"
    Sure, sure Murica and all that. I suspect someday we'll figure out that the rugged individualist tripe we've been fed has been to most of our detriment, but until then, things will probably continue to backslide.
    [​IMG]

P.S. just had a Five Guys burger, lest you get the wrong idea.

6. Knuckle Dragger

I'm not offended by "world data" but thanks for the inference. I'm just growing tired of the implications from many people that we should do as the rest of the world, or we collectively suck as a nation because other nations do it differently. It's been going on for decades, not just recently. I just refuse to be ashamed of being American, not do I feel any one else should be ashamed of their country. When I hear or read "Americans this, or Americans that" I can't help picturing euro-trash we had to liberate..........twice. You don't like meat we can have that argument(well not me because I could give to poos about what others eat) but "America" isn't the root issue.

Besides, fat people are harder to kidnap and put into forced labor camps......

Smokey15, 73 Z and 1972_Z-28 like this.
  7. Todd80Z28

It could be said that we are hardest on ourselves, and that's the place I'm coming from. I'm tired of all the bleating about exceptionalism when we've been low B/high C students for a while. We've got work to do, IMO.
    And no I won't be leaving. I'll be staying right here trying to do my part to bring the GPA back up.
    Ok, I chuckled a little. Even though I'm packing a little extra as compared to years ago, I'll starve to death first, then you can stand over me and say "shoulda ate more ribs man.":D

8. Knuckle Dragger

IIRC, you're already doing it, one kid at a time :)

I wish I was only packing a couple.

Like I've said before we agree on more stuff than we disagree. We just seem to have different road maps on how we get back on the right road. :)

9. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

Five Guys? Can't hide money...:crazy:

10. Todd80Z28

Right back atcha.;)

LOL hadn't been in a while, big boy wanted one... didn't realize where the prices have gone. Didn't want to look like a jackass and walk out. It's a tasty burger, but $22 for two burgers, one fry???