#!@%'n leave me alone already

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by ULTM8Z, Oct 3, 2019.

1. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

Exactly. The only time I'd ever been...I told the cashier they should consider changing the name to "Five Guys Ridiculously Overpriced Burgers & Fries". One time is all it took for me.

1972_Z-28 likes this.
  2. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

Only on the left.

3. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm working in Shenzhen China right now and just over the border in Hong Kong there are two 5 guys burger joints. I'm thinking about heading over there tomorrow on my day off to enjoy a taste of home. The protesters over there better not get in my way or I'm going to go all 'John Wick' over them!!!;)

GoldenOne7710 likes this.
  4. bourbon_scotch

bourbon_scotch Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

It could be we consume the most beef because Amerca produces the most beef. But, it certainly isn't an Amercian invention..

It seems that Spanish explorers introduced the first Longhorn cattle to America way back in 1534; and the British colonists brought Devon cattle, a valuable source of leather, milk, labor, and of course, beef, with them as early as 1623. https://www.dartagnan.com/history-of-domesticated-beef.html

but back to red meat..... fat is just not good for you

5. 73 Z

73 Z Veteran Member Gold Member

raw.gif Homer-Simpson-04-Happy-icon.png

6. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

Some fat is good for you, the saturated fats, hydrogenated oils, polysaturated fats are Not in any way good for you. And unfortunately all the fast food burgers are loaded unnecessarily with those bad fats and the. You pile on the fries etc.

I’ll tell ya I much prefer the hamburger I get from my wife’s cousin. Once a year he has a cow done, we get a few steaks but always 40-50lbs of very lean hamburger. Dang it’s good. I don’t think you can get it that lean from a grocery store. I’d have to look but I think commercially sold ground beef HAS to have fat added to it.

7. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I've seen beef sold at grocery stores around me that are advertised as 98% fat free.

8. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

I have a grinder attachment for the Kitchaid mixer. If anything ever calls for ground beef, I buy a nice roast and throw it thru.
    Do the same with chicken for burgers.

bourbon_scotch likes this.
  9. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I think MOST folks diet is not as much the issue as the sedentary life style that SO many live.
    Eat breakfast 1000 calories, walk to the car...drive to work...walk 100m to the desk....sit and type/talk for 8 hrs (with 1000 calorie LUNCH) ..walk 100m to car, drive home walk to kitchen table ..EAT 2500 calories...then sit on the coach/computer desk...till bed time.......5 DAYS A WEEK
    Now this is only my opinion as I do know many of 40+ yr folks that fit this ACTIVITY plan. Barely able to do 2 or 3 flights of stairs without sounding like they are about to die..
    NOT my life style but i do see more LACK of movement than i do MOVEMENT!

10. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

There are three fat levels generally sold in grocery stores. 70%, 80% and 92%. Generally, 80% will give the best tasting burgers. 92% tends to be flavorless and dry unless you add a dry rub type of spice. 70% tends to fry away. Chuck roast meat tends to be 80% so if you get ground chuck, it's about the same for a good burger.