#!@%'n leave me alone already

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by ULTM8Z, Oct 3, 2019.

1. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

jacks 2.jpg jacks.jpg

I'm in the hospital room at the Albany, NY Medical center. The doctor comes in my room and says "You have 2 weeks to live....but only two days if you eat the burgers and dogs from Jack's...." He then asks what do I want to do? My response? When can you get back! Healthy? Not even close. But if you're in the Albany, NY area, go over and give it a try!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    Dave Nelson likes this.
  2. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

I’m going to pass on that, whatever that is in the 1st picture, it looks disgusting.

Knuckle Dragger likes this.
  3. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

Looks can be deceiving. Its a burger, caramelized onions and ketchup. You can also get cheese. Here's a story. The place was about 5 miles from my Dad's business. We used to go there all the time. But Dad would never take Mom. We lived there for like 40 years. Mom moved after Dad passed. I went out to pick her up to have her spend some time with us. I got hungry on the return trip and told her I'm stopping at Jack's. Pulled in and asked her if she wanted anything. Nope. So I got 4 burgers and 2 dogs. I got in the car and my Mom said everything smells so good. Asked her if she wanted to try and burger and she said yes. Oh, she was 90.

I put one on a plate and gave it to her. She took a bite, looked at me and told me its delicious! Then she says, and its a quote "Why wouldn't that SOB father of yours bring me here? We were married for 60 years!" My laughter continued for about 10 minutes.

Dave Nelson likes this.
  4. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

Onions are a topping not the main ingredient on something. I can’t eat onions anyway, they trigger headaches.

5. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

That's pretty wild. My neuro oncologist gave me a list of items which can and will cause a headache and onions weren't on there. The top item - cocoa beans. Has something to do with chocolate liquor. I never quite believed her but its true. For example, about 2 weeks ago, I was getting gas and while I was in the station, I spotted Swiss Rolls. I grabbed 1 package. Ate it. For the next two days, nasty headache. Curious now.....I wonder which other edible items cause a headache. Interesting........

6. Dave Nelson

Dave Nelson Veteran Member

My wife's cooking...JK.

bfmgoalie likes this.
  7. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

Raw onions trigger the headache in about 15-20 minutes after I eat them.
    Bananas, nuts, dark chocolate and onions trigger migraines for my wife.

8. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

I read a portion of the article from my neuro oncologist. The items you've listed (plus others) have this natural chemical in it called tyramine. That is a contributing factor causing headaches/migraine headaches.

9. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Everybody has different chemistry in their body. I used to get deathly ill if I ate pickles. Dill was a killer for me. Since I had surgery, they don't make me sick anymore. I don't care for them because of years of them making me sick, but if I get some, it's just an upleasant taste, I don't get sick. Now, shell fish (which I used to love) and I'll clear the room.

10. shanghai Kid

shanghai Kid Veteran Member

Onions and ketchup-there's your veggies--got any relish on them dogs??

bfmgoalie likes this.