need help with 15X10s please non mechanic

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by 1979camz28, Jun 7, 2011.

1. K5JMP

K5JMP Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

2. 1979camz28

1979camz28 Veteran Member

ok since im not a mechanic i better learn soon..thats def a great deal on the shocks but honestlky i think my best bet is to exchange for the 15x8 with 4bs and be done with the headaches and use the 255\60\15s and have no probs

3. rtanner

rtanner Veteran Member

got my air shocks at napa a couple months ago 80 bucks, no big deal,

4. BondoSpecial

BondoSpecial Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Your best bet is to get wheels that fit...I agree with you there 100%. Why spend more money on air shocks to do this the wrong way? You can if you want, but I wouldn't.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  5. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

The factory 15x7's had 4.25" BS. If your going to 15x8's, 4.75" BS would put the center of the rim in the same spot - as you go wider you should have more BS, not less.

How much clearance did you have from the frame/shocks/inner wheel well with the 15x10's and the 275's?

With proper BS, you may very well fit 275's under your car. With 10" rims it's real tight. With a set of 8" rims and the right BS, it's much easier.

Using the right wheel/tire combo is the right way to do it. The only thing air shocks do is raise the car. But they raise it by putting stress on the body that was never designed to have it and that can lead to problems. They also ruin the ride and handling of the cars that have them.