Need help with couple small parts for my 72

Discussion in '1970 - 1973 Specific' started by 72'z'steve, Aug 14, 2019.

1. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

I have gotten my z out of hibernation and am in need of a couple of items,don't quite know the name on one.On the drivers front wheel well,there are 2 plastic 'straps" that hold the wiring harness and evap hose down,One has gone missing/others not far off.I have looked online but don't quite know the correct name.Looked at junkyard walking around didn't see anything on the newer vehicles-I'm guessing a cheap repop item if I know how to find it.
    Second item is the "bolt or screw" that holds the defroster y duct to the box underdash.Hole is big so it must have had a flat washer attached.I'm guessing it fell out and wifey vacuumed it up sometime so its gone-Darn.I'm guessing I can get it from the dorman trim assortment if I know what it actually is/looks like.
    I miss the day of just going to the junkyard and going down a row of clapped out f-bodys I feel old! Thanks in advance Steve!!

2. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

3. dadgonebroke

dadgonebroke Veteran Member

Been there- done that- wrong part. I got the right ones after a forum member pointed me in the right direction from Year One. Part number F664- package of 3 about $7.00. I see Year One purchased them from Dale's Cuda Shop 4 for $7.88

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  4. 72'z'steve

Thank you-Those are them!!![purposely bad English!] Now If I can trace down what that defroster duct to heater box bolt is! I even just went out to the garage with a magnet and fished around the console end thinking it may have rolled/fallen in there no luck-Thanks guys!Later Steve!!

5. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

I guess the ones on my 71 and the 71 clip I stripped had the wrong ones. My bad.

6. 72'z'steve

No Bad-thanks for the effort/help!!maybe they changed them 72 and later,I'm used to the flat style like chevelles/wifeys 67 has-I've had my car since 1993 and the emissions hoses they hold are original [I know makes me think about the sender/connector hoses underneath] so I don't think they were replaced,The level of detail before my purchase I doubt they'd bother replacing them.I didn't even notice the 3d one it is way back by the power booster-it was intact! Thanks for the help!! Later Steve!!

BillyDean7173 likes this.
  7. 72'z'steve

I dragged out a couple of coffee cans of bolts and fasteners from when I stripped these cars in the 80's early 90's,found an interior hex screw with washer attached that fit the tinnerman nut so I'm set.My defroster ducts still have the little push pins in the dash panel and was afraid they'd break with the duct just hangin there-Thanks again-Steve!!