Never Forget....

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Dave Nelson, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm thinking you forgot that Iraq invaded Kuwait. The citizens are always the one who suffer for their leaders mistakes. Always been that way always will. And since you insist we discuss it, without Clitoons limp wristed (non)response to the two embassy bombings and the attack on the USS Cole the 9-11 attack never happens. When you show people you won't respond to attack it emboldens them to step it up. Did anyone notice Gathafi and stopped his BS once his palace was bombed? Civilized folks often don't understand that you can only talk things out if both sides are willing to listen in good faith. If one side refuses to do that the idea everything can be worked out peacefully goes out the door. I will agree the Saudi's have never been held accountable for their role in the attack and various other destabilizing actions. But unlike a lot of other folks I'd rather we were feared for having the biggest stick and hardest swing then be patronized to our face for a small payment of 150 billion in cash while they plot our destruction behind the scenes.

I appreciate your point of view and I understand where your coming from and respect that it's not an off the cuff view point. I just don't agree with it.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  2. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Lol as a Desert Shield/Storm vet who spent 7 months floating around “over there”, I can assure you I did not forget about Kuwait. Bush1 did what he said, and left when he said he would. And none of that had ANYTHING to do with 9/11- which was my whole point.

Clinton himself said he should have followed through with the 1998 bombing of bin Laden’s Afghan hideout, but of course you remember the “no war for Monica” chant from a certain subset.

The sort of rule-by-fear you describe is the action of cowards, IMO- too scared to confront the problem head-on and make the hard choices. And here we are...

But I also respect your opinion on the matter.

1980RS likes this.
  3. Knuckle Dragger

Well dang it Todd, following the example of our elected officials we have to call each other names, wish viscous stuff one one another and possible throw stuff because we see stuff differently.

Or we could continue to remember we have more in common then differences. :) :p

Dave Nelson likes this.
  4. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

I have seen a video that implied strongly that the terrorist funding came from Pakistan. Anyone else heard, or read, that?

1980RS likes this.
  5. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

I have never heard that, fut it would not surprise me one bit. I used to be kind of wimpy I admit that when I was younger but now that those kind of people want to treat others that way it's eye for eye. A good hard beat down always make people think twice about messing with you.

Smokey15 likes this.
  6. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Bin Laden was a Saudi and I've heard some of the money was traced back there. Whether it was private or government, I couldn't tell you.

7. Knuckle Dragger

cptnobvious.jpg

Shizzle likes this.
  8. Todd80Z28

So, "somebody" tweeted "...are locked and loaded depending on verification, but are waiting to hear from the Kingdom as to who they believe was the cause of this attack and under what terms we would proceed!”

So we are apparently awaiting orders from the Kingdom as to who to attack on their behalf.

Boils my f&%in blood. Never forget indeed. GGRRRR...

Smokey15 likes this.
  9. Knuckle Dragger

Yeah, let them defend themselves I'm with you in this case.

10. Todd80Z28

I'm SO SO over us carrying water for the Wahhabists. F' em. Straight to hell with the House of Saud.

I need to go find my happy place.

Dave Nelson likes this.