new AMD fender

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by arm2004, Mar 15, 2019.

1. arm2004

arm2004 Member

I need to get a new right fender i tried the AMD "X" part number and it was so far out i checked the box to make sure it was a camaro fender 2 bolts was all i could get in and the top curve was hitting the dash. So has anybody mounted up the new one yet and how do they fit?

2. hubedobeedo

hubedobeedo 3rd times a charm

refer to the thread sheetmetal choices it is right below yours

3. hubedobeedo

i purchased a driver side fender from tamraz off ebay it did not fit could not line up i ended up using a spot weld drill and removed my original inner braces(there are 3) off my original fender and removed the braces off replacement fender prep and epoxy coated the bare metal where rear brace goes from top to bottom (original and replacement will have rust the main reason the fender rust thru) then line best you can and use screws to hold braces in place put fender on car line up best you can (door will have to be on and lined up ) make adjustment where necessary if the cowl to fender bolt mount is off you will want be careful how you go about moving it once everything is dialed in take your time and plug weld the spotweld holes the rest will be standard body finish you really have the watch the outside perimeter lines on the replacement and how the match up to the other panels it was a pain but it fits very nice now

4. hubedobeedo

phone 073.jpg phone 067.jpg