new catalog with 20% off, Illusion.

Discussion in 'Ground Up' started by 1beautifuldaughter, Dec 2, 2018.

1. 1beautifuldaughter

1beautifuldaughter Member

Aug 28, 2017
    I received a new catalog in the mail with a Christmas special 20% off coupon that shows on the back that it includes custom sound radios. Great, I am considering one. So I go on line to order it and find they are all checked off as not eligible for coupon discount, Then I go back and see the small print on the coupon that is tiny and black in color over dark green confirming this. I just have to ask myself Why, It just seems like a bait and switch thing. Why create a nice colorful coupon that is not clear? And why is it marked down from a higher price on line as if its on sale but in the catalog it shows the lower price.?? Why do a dance around free shipping, sales, and discounts that create an Illusion.? and it doesn't help anyway that I am still waiting for a call back for over a year about the wrong holes in my inner fender wells for my camaro.

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

May 4, 2001
    Las Vegas, NV
    These types of places upset me! I get "up to 25% off" emails all the time from Classic Industries to find out shipping is $100 for a $35 part or "not eligible" for discounts. With CI, I have even had legitimate 15% off coupons...put something in my cart and I get the "you saved!", but it comes out to like $18 off a $350 item...I can do math CI....that's not 15%. Rick's Camaro is the worst! Everything I can possibly want to buy is discount exempt. Rock Auto and their 5%...That doesn't even cover tax! I truly only get discounts from Summit and Jegs...Nothing is exempt! I have used Summits 10% off on some pretty pricey items! They have saved me thousands over the years. Now that I live in Vegas, I buy a lot of stuff from MCB if I can. Tax free and excellent prices

All those other places...Click bait....We are not dumb!