new Chevy Blazer vs new Ford Bronco....seriously GM?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 351maverick, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Mike N

Mike N Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Calling that thing a Blazer is blasphemy.

What's next, GM? How about a hybrid hatchback with a Chevelle nameplate?

2. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That Bronco with a removable rear roof like the old days would be pretty sweet.....I know, someone is going to call it a pick up truck, but not the case when the back seats are fully open to the air. Loved riding in the Bronco and the Blazer with the rear roof off....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

A Jeep Grand Cherokee was too expensive but the $50+k Tahoe isn’t.

4. danbrennan

danbrennan Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

If the new Bronco has only two doors, I predict that will hold sales back.

Yes, the new Blazer has been called a "Camaro SUV".

5. riderwestslope

riderwestslope Veteran Member

FB_IMG_1561952000057.jpg

ssupercoolss, RS1979 and 351maverick like this.
  6. La.Z8

La.Z8 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I`ll drop a line on this also. I was in the market for a new truck this year. So.....after driving, comparing, reading reviews, { TFL truck is a great site ], I bought my 1st RAM 1/2 ton. I didn't`t like the 2019 GM`s. To get the towing, options etc that I wanted I would have spent around $$ 5000-6000 more and still wouldn`t have the truck that I just purchased. Anyway the point is GM just isn`t the same. Just my $$.02

351maverick likes this.
  7. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I can see GM going under again. What fools they are in the design group.

351maverick likes this.
  8. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

They made a huge mistake bringing back the name, and falling short on what it should have been. Being said they produced it to compete with the Jeep GC, they sure did fall short of that mark. Not a huge fan of the GC, but its apparent the Blazer is more of a "ladies vehicle" than the JGC

I had 2 broncos, and i always called them a "truck". basically, they were a really short F150. What proceeded the full size Bronco/Blazer era was the start of the SUV IMO.

9. berg2695

berg2695 Veteran Member

You people are living in the past. This new Blazer looks great to my eyes, has been very well received by the motoring press, and it's the kind of vehicle people want these days. It can do EVERYTHING better than some clunky old Blazer can except drive over boulders and logs. Not that many people (comparatively speaking) need that capability. That's not where the market is. The quickest path to bankruptcy for GM would be to pay too much attention to graybeards like us. There is room for a differing opinion in here, isn't there? Sometimes it sounds like an echo chamber.

danbrennan likes this.
  10. BLUE72CAMARO

BLUE72CAMARO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

So my guess is that the Bronco as a two door flops, I personally like two doors but there is a reason nobody makes them anymore. The only way I see the bronco being a success is if it can somehow tap into the Jeep market and pull some of there customers. If not it will fail, the masses don't want a full chassis true 4x4 SUV because they ride high, are hard to get kids in and out of, and are pigs when it comes to fuel consumption. Plus the only full chassis SUVs out there right now are land barges that are difficult for most soccer moms to wheel around in a parking lot which is why the crossover fwd vehicles are EVERYWHERE!

While I have 0 interest in owning one as a single guy I think chevy will do well with the blazer. Its the mid size of there small SUV lineup sharing dimensions with the Acadia and it has a sportier look than the other GM models in this category. For instance my little sister, in her late 20's, called me a few months back when they started releasing pics of the blazer asking what I knew about it. She is in love with them as she wants to get a SUV as her next vehicle and loves the "sporty" look.

Sorry guys but people like us aren't the majority any more car companies are going to make what they can sell and look around on the road these fwd based suv/crossover vehicles are what is selling right now.