New Guy Here 81 Z28

Discussion in 'Canadian Owners' started by Kae450, May 14, 2019.

1. Kae450

Kae450 Member

Learning. That’s what I’m doing here. Bought a Z28 that I’ve been trying to buy for 20 years. All original ac, 4spd car. Good quality restoration as the money comes in. New floors, entire braking system, engine, fuel system, paint soon I hope $$$. Trying to upload a pic here. Tooooons of questions stay tuned lol lol and thanks guys!! Ken

Attached Files:

2. Kae450

Kae450 Member

This week it got all new suspension front and rear, subframe bushings replaced, control arms and inner fenders blasted and painted plus new bushings and rod ends, basically all new front end components, rad new, heater core new. My mechanic loves seeing my dumb ass walk in the shop. $$$$

3. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Welcome aboard Ken. That's a nice car. It's in really good shape. What's nice is that you can drive it as you work on it. There's a lot of experience on the site. Feel free to ask any question you have.

Kae450 likes this.
  4. 70ZED

70ZED Veteran Member Gold Member

Cool purchase ! I ordered a 80 4 spd car, waited a year for it to come in at the dealership I worked at. Now I hear only about 80 4spd Camaro's were sold in Canada ??

Kae450 likes this.
  5. Kae450

Kae450 Member

No clue on 1980 production numbers. Mine’s an 81 and the year that I always wanted. Folks who may or may not be “in the know” sat it’s quite rare to have a factory 4spd with ttops and air conditioning in red on red. I’m no fan of the tacky bright red interior, wish it was black, but I’m trying to keep it very original. I only paid 2 grand for the car from a freind if the family with the agreement that I treat the car right and restore it. I’m keeping up my end of the bargain. Man of my word I guess. People keep asking to purchase it, the tow truck driver that hauled it home for me offered me 7 grand that night lol

70ZED likes this.
  6. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Nice looking car...

Kae450 likes this.
  7. Kae450

Kae450 Member

Thx

8. Kae450

Kae450 Member

I’ll post some updated pics in the near future. The ride height and feel of the car is correct now. Tossing the wore out front springs, leaf springs, and all of the shocks changed the car completely. Pulling the dash out these days for the heater core install and a new dash speaker etc. Looking for a cigarette lighter and sleeve too. Anyone selling?

9. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

Welcome aboard

Kae450 likes this.
  10. VIZ28

VIZ28 Veteran Member

Welcome to the site Ken, from Victoria BC.
    What part of The Great White North are you from?

I have an 81 4 speed as well, black with red interior (opposite of my 71). Wish mine had T-tops. Nice ride you have there, jealous.