New Pony Ride

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by david.rosol, Mar 29, 2014.

1. sal70ss

sal70ss Veteran Member

Perfect girl car. Congrats

2. red78z

red78z Veteran Member

a buddy of mine used to hav an annivers. edition one , nice cars, congrats

3. jhead55

jhead55 Veteran Member

Nice! Don't worry, there are a lot more "closet" Mustang folks here that won't admit it.

4. Z28PILOT

Z28PILOT Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Congrats to her. Nice color too. Good cars.

My wife has had five Mustangs over the years including a a rare Cobra., sister n law had one Stang convertible .....lots of older gals is Jags too.

It's a girl thing . Around here I see mostly females drive Mustangs, with few teeni boys with old fox bodies and loud exhaust . And rare to see any women driving Camaros at all. And if they do most likely not theirs. " oh it's my boyfriends car" ...lol :)

5. Krator

Krator Veteran Member

I like the older mustangs and the newer ones. Nothing from 74 to before the newer retro model.

Interesting about the heads and doing a port job. Nice to know.

6. david.rosol

david.rosol Veteran Member

That was exactly my thoughts, thanks.

Thank you for the tips... I will indeed look into that.

The people we bought it off of, the wife of the man that sold it to us had a brand new Mustang GT convertible, he had a convertible Jaguar and a newer Suburban, The son had a 2002 SS T-Top Camaro, and the daughter had the Mustang GT convertible (the one we bought) but she also had a newer Mustang hard top to drive to college in Richmond. She was afraid her convertible would get broken into at the dorms and since she had the newer hard top one, she wanted to sell her convertible. I figured they would be good cars since they were so popular. This one only has 98000 miles on it which isn't bad for a 2001, and I think we got a good deal on it. We had to drive north of DC to get it (4-hour round trip where I live now) in the pouring rain but at least it wasn't snowing, the way this winter has been. I tried to get her in a 98-02 model Camaro, and everytime I showed her a nice one, she'd be like "Yeah, it looks ok"... which told me she didn't like it... she really had her heart set on the stangs.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014