New ride, not a 2nd... and a life update.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by LADDTWZ, May 16, 2019.

1. LADDTWZ

LADDTWZ Veteran Member

Been a while since a post. Life has been crazy busy with lots of changes. So far all for the good. Changed companies for work, great move. Twins are at U of M, one graduated already and the other end of this year. Hard to believe they graduated HS in16. The one who graduated already is on for his masters and got a TA position and a free ride.. Whoot !

Sold one of the cars. Hopefully he's lurking on here as I gave him the site. No sense in keeping them both with Twins gone.

Wife left..... lol Trust me, this was a good move on my part, and for all involved. Never realized how toxic she was. However have a great new GF that's awesome. No more arguing!!! That's priceless.

And a new ride. I know it's not a second gen, but Ugh is it sweet Details--- 2011 SS convert. Lingenfelter motor, Corsa exhaust, 6 Spd. With a lot of extra's. Looking forward to some warm weather with top down. Here she is! ( dealer photo's till I get some of my own)

She'll need a Nasty sticker to complete the look.. Hope everyone is well.

$_1.jpg ,
    s-l1600 MOTOR.jpg ,
    s-l160012.jpg ,
    s-l160014.jpg

jeff swisher, sparkyboy, xten and 9 others like this.
  2. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Nice ride. We're seriously considering adding a new/newer Camaro convertible to the stable. That yellow one you picked up looks great!

3. z2880

z2880 Veteran Member

Nice, looking car. But I would have to get that gas door back to stock

shanghai Kid and Smokey15 like this.
  4. 71RSLS

71RSLS Veteran Member

Nice Camaro and good to hear things are looking up for you.

5. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Good looking car. Welcome back also. I know what you mean by a toxic relationship. Glad everything has worked out for you.

6. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Congratulations on getting rid of stress and getting on with your life. Congrats on the new ride as well.

7. xten

xten Veteran Member

Great news with the twins and your life. Gotta be a lot of weight off your shoulders.

8. sparkyboy

sparkyboy Veteran Member

Hell yea man cheers that sh!t seems to be going your way. Having kids in college is one of the proudest moments for a dad, my pops told me himself when i got accepted to the university of CO to study engineering.
    And gorgeous damn camaro, that lingenfelter engine is sick made, what level of hp does she make? I'll admit, the 5th gen has finally grown on me to the point where i am looking for one now. I need that flat hood like yours, and a tasteful set of slot mags. Then a semi gloss or matte black finish.
    But bro naturally aspirated? Does she have a wild cam or something? I'm thinking it's boost time, single turbo. But so big that she needs nitrous to spool up quickly.
    Am i the only one who loves turbo lag so much that i mash the gas in one gear too high for two seconds while hitting a corner then feeling that boost hit hard? My only boosted ride atm is my 85 xt but she boosts all the way to 7500 rpm with the ihi vf4 turbo (small!) I have an ihi rb5h (subaru legacy gt and outback xt. Good turbo, turd cars) that needs a rebuild and a fresh ej22 to replace the old ea82 1.8 liter. That'll double the hp then she'll be a real handful! Ive driven her so stupid that i would have crashed her if not for the front posi. Lol! :crazy::screwup::lush:

9. shanghai Kid

shanghai Kid Member

"Wife left",-----Best detail of the story man--Congrats and good luck to you and yours.......Thing about it is, when you "knock the bottom outta this one", you won't have to hear any backsass......HaHa 2010-chevrolet-camaro-SS-burnout.jpg

10. LADDTWZ

LADDTWZ Veteran Member

Thanks everyone. It's been a crazy transition, but as stated all good.

I'm gonna look at putting some new rubber on the 2011. It currently has Michelin sport cup 2's on it. Might look for something with a little more mileage capability. The SC 2's seem to wear fairly fast, and at $430 a rear that's not cost effective. They still have this summer left but want to start looking now.

I have all the paperwork from the car as well. I'm 2nd owner. 1st guy dropped some coin in this thing. Bough car new, all the Lingenfelter mods at 500 miles, exhaust, custom rims, and even a built in radar detector ( which may come in handy...lol ). List goes on and on.

Now, If it only stop raining like every day here I'd be a ton happier. The huge Lane automotive car show is this Saturday, but its calling for storms with wind and hail. That's a hell's to the NO for driving it then. Come on summer in MI....