New Urethane Nose Gaps at hood are off just a bit I need help

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by RickM, Nov 9, 2018.

1. PHROG

PHROG New Member

How about running a tape line carrying the hood peak onto the bumper cover and blocking the urethane peak to match? I believe that would change the visual to make the gap appear to lineup. Just my 2cents.

2. cadillac_al

cadillac_al Veteran Member

I would think you could move the front of the fenders over; shift everything at the core support. Just my thoughts. I know fixing gaps will drive a guy crazy.

3. 2000SS

2000SS Member

Where does one find this "assembly manual" you speak of?

4. RickM

RickM Veteran Member

Assembly manuals for our cars are readily available. Just go to ebay and do a search or look at any of the parts vendors like Classic Industries or NPD.

5. Desert_Dick72SS

Desert_Dick72SS Veteran Member

After much swearing and adjusting, the gaps around my hood ('72 RS/SS) were still not close enough for my taste and I had no more room to adjust. Best solution in my case was to weld 1/8" steel strip to one side and one half of the nose of the aftermarket hood. Then we just sanded off what we needed to get the gaps even. Very little filler to chip or break off on edges...steel is best if welding is an option....really hard to see what was done after body and paint were finished.

-Rich