Next issue!

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by chiliz28, Jul 26, 2018.

1. chiliz28

chiliz28 New Member

Hi There:
    I have transplanted a 2001 5.3 vortec in my 79 Z28. My current problem is the engine keep cranking with no start when the ignition switch is turned on. I can start the engine with remote starter with the ignition switch in accessory, I hear the fuel pump comes on. Initially I had an issue that the ignition key wouldn't go further than the accessory but that solved. The issue was related to me removing the safety switch linkage and for some reason the connection on steering connection section was pushed down. Does my new issue can be related to the old one?!
    Thanks
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. orkin

orkin Veteran Member

It sounds like you wired the fuel pump, ignition, and/or computer into the accessory circuit. The accessory circuit turns off while you are cranking, but not the ignition circuit.

3. mrfleet12

mrfleet12 Veteran Member

This sounds accurate, you need power while the engine is cranking and obviously after it starts.. What control system are you running?