Nothing like a-hole slobs to take the shine off the new house.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Knuckle Dragger, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

We went in to get stuff set up for the flooring contractor to start on Monday. Can you believe people live like this? When knew they weren't the cleanest when we looked at the house but damn.

Under the washer and dryer.
    washer dryer.jpg

The stove

20170225_141200.jpg

And the Refrigerator

20170225_142925.jpg

My wife spent all day on the inside of the refrigerator, and the top of the range. You should see the walls with all the dirt and hand prints.

They had a bunch of kids but my God how do you live this dirty. I'm most certainly not the cleanest guy, but damn.

2. Buickfunnycar

Buickfunnycar Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Makes my skin crawl just looking at that...these are the same scum that think nothing of tossing fast food trash and other crap out a car window and just laugh.

3. 80sz

80sz Veteran Member

Holy moly. That's some stuff . Congrats on the purchase,looks nice.

4. mrdragster1970

mrdragster1970 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Chicago, Illinois..... Far S.W. Subs, RT 66 Area

It's insane how people are now a days.
    I would be ashamed to let anyone see that, and they just don't care.
    I had very little, and would never treat my stuff like that, or live like that.
    I'm shocked the place isn't full of bugs or mice???

I guess when you think you deserve stuff you haven't earned, you don;t have to take care of anything,
    you just assume someone else will replace it??

5. Camaro16

Camaro16 Veteran Member

How did none of the stuff under the stove start to burn

6. sal70ss

sal70ss Veteran Member

I've been a landlord for the past 25 years. That's nasty, but it's nothing of what I've seen and cleaned before. Some people are just disgusting, dirty pigs.

7. Bandit723

Bandit723 Veteran Member

Same reason i chose not to be a landlord + the no rent payment issues.

8. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

The bottom side of a range/stove doesn't get hot. Ever opened the bottom drawer on the oven while you're cooking? No heat down there at all. It would melt the linoleum floor underneath.

Were the previous residents evicted? I assume you acquired all the appliances with the purchase? I pull my refrigerator out twice a year to vacuum the coil and compressor off...as it make a HUGE difference in the life expectancy. We have a 2 year old, so there's definitely the occasional toy behind/under it that gets picked up too.

When we sold our place a couple years ago, we pulled out every appliance and cleaned under and behind it even though they all stayed with the house. However, I worked a short stint a Lowe's in the delivery department. I've removed my fair share of ranges, washer and dryers, and refrigerator. You'd be amazed (or not) how filthy people live. Seen some the nastiest conditions in some of the biggest, nicest homes...and some of the cleanest inside small, modest and average homes.

9. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

See you would expect that if they were forced to move right? This was just a normal purchase. We could tell when we looked at the house there would be some issues but the dirtiness is just way off the scale. The place has a little bit of an odor I hope goes away with the carpet. I'm damn glad we decided to pull the appliances instead of having tile guys do it. Can you imagine how bent they would have been to deal with this crap before they could lay the floor?

The plan was to take these appliances and swap them with the ones in my current house before we put it on the market. If I can't get them clean I guess we'll have to go another route. No way I'm going to try and sell my place with nasty crap like this. Some people have told me I'm crazy but everything will work and be clean for the next owners of my house.

10. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Dirty pack rats.